Chapter 17

~Karkat's POV~

I'm going to kill Strider. In a very painful way. VERY. PAINFULLY!! There is no way to get out of this!! He didn't even ask me! I mean I understand it was a spur-of-the-moment type shit but still!!! This just makes it harder to hide my feelings for him!! Damn him.. We are gonna talk about this the MOMENT we fucking can!! Fucking bastard.

I glance over at him and he seems content with himself. Though you never know what's going on under those fucking shades.

I mean it's not like I don't want to date him.. But it's fake. And I don't want a fake fucking relationship! He didn't even say which quadrant we are in!! I'm sure he meant Matesprites, but still! My anxiety is starting to get bad again...

I raise my hand. "There better be something important Mr.Vantas for you to interrupt the class. What is it?" The teacher says annoyed severely. "May I run to the nurse.. I don't feel good.." The teacher sighs and dismisses me to go. I grab my stuff and do everything but run out of that classroom. Of course, I feel just fine! I'm just skipping. I get to my locker and put my books in it to relieve some weight then grab a few things and put them in my bag. I then shut my locker and leave. Once outside the school I start running, this school has guards so this doesn't happen but I know their route by now so I'm able to slip away easily. I first head home, grab a few things like my phone charger and my laptop, then leave. Where am I heading you ask? Why a cafe that I go to when I do this. This happens more than you think actually, I get anxious so I come up with an excuse and head out. But I always come to this cafe, its just a few blocks from the school. The name is Sky of Skaia, I always thought that the name was familiar but I can't seem to ever remember. Pushing that thought aside I push the doors open and sneak in. There was never too many customers so I don't have to worry about get caught. I see a familiar face that almost instantly calmed my nerves. I walk up to him and quietly shout, "YO DUDE WHAT'S-" I catch the flying knife, "SPADES WHAT THE FUCK, WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS SHIT!! NO KNIFES IN THIS CAFE OR YOU'LL GET KICKED OUT!" Spades Slick was always like a Lusus to me, a violent one but I always was okay with that because I myself am violent. We get each other. I know, he died right? Nope! I found him in a different timeline through the dream bubbles and had Dave help me get him back before we moved to the next universe. Only Dave and I know he is still alive. Well, technically he isn't but you get the idea. The waiter came up to us and asked if we wanted anything. I asked for a iced caramel coffee, Spades didn't want anything. I grabbed my wallet and pulled some cash out when she came back and said, "KEEP THE CHANGE." She smiled and murmured a thank you, then walked away. We then just sit and talk, me sipping my iced coffee, him telling me about his new girlfriend, how she's so amazing and he's gonna marry her. His eyes sparkling while says this. A get a pain in my heart at this, a pain of jealousy. Why should I be jealous though? I mean he has a real relationship and someone who loves him back and shit but- yeah I'm pretty jealous. I lay me head down on the table and groan. He asked me what's wrong and I hesitantly tell him the situation with Dave. And I mean all of it, from my flush crush on him to what he did today. He just sat there and stared at me for awhile. I was about to cuss him out for it but then he started laughing. I ended up just getting up, grabbing my coffee, and walking out my middle finger up where he can see it.

~Dave's POV~

Karkat left. And he hasn't come back. I mean he might've gotten sent home if he was sick.. He would've texted me though.. Right? Or maybe I pissed him off with what I said to spider bitch. "Shit," I mumble aloud. I hear the bell but get my phone out of my bag and text Karkat.

TurntechGodhead (TG) started pestering carcinoGeneticist (CG) at 11: 09

TG: yo dude where are you?