Chapter 7

~ 3rd Person POV ~
[Overlooking Karkat]

Karkat woke up to the sun. He groaned and hissed at the sun hating how bright the fucker was. It seemed Kankri was still asleep, so he quietly got out of bed, knowing he could get some quiet time to himself and extra bathroom time if he did. He grabbed some clothes and a towel, then walked to the bathroom. Once inside he shut the door and locked it, just a habit he couldn't grow out of. He turned the water on, adjusting the water to the perfect temperature, then undressing and getting in.

After showering, drying himself off and then dressing in his everyday clothes, he unlocks the bathroom door and walks out, heading towards the kitchen. Upon stepping into the cold, hard tile of the kitchen floor, he whisper-yells a 'FUCK' and a few 'SHIT''s from the chill it gives him. Karkat heads towards the coffee machine, checking if the coffee filter needs changed or if it could be reused once more. It could not so he pulls the old, nasty filter out, putting it in the compost bin under the counter, and replacing it with a new one. After adding new coffee grounds and water he clicks the 'brew' button. While waiting for the pot of coffee to brew, Kankri comes downstairs already fully dressed. He yawned and said, "G99d m9rning Karkat!" "MORNING KANKRI." Karkat said rolling his eyes.

After drinking a cup of coffee and eating cereal with his dancester, Karkat grabs his bag, stuffing the homework he needed to hand in today neatly inside. Neat wasn't something he did very well but when he needs to do something neatly he tried very hard. So he tried very hard to put his homework in the bag. Then they set off towards Hell.

The day was normal and boring. So was the rest of the week. He had started to get depressed when on a random Tuesday Dave sat with him at lunch. Didn't even ask, just sat down and ate. Karkat was angry but also thankful that he didn't have to eat alone. They made small talk while eating, making Karkat feel less lonely.

From then on out Dave would eat lunch with Karkat.

¥~¥~¥~¥~¥~¥~¥~¥~¥~¥

Rewritten ✔️