Chapter 16

August

3 days later

Amber isolated herself from me and everyone else since Saturday and it was now Tuesday. She just stays in our room and sleep, doesn't come out for anything. I hate seeing my baybeh like this, but I really need to know what happened to her so I could get a better understanding of all this.

Treasure, Adrian, Daysha and her mother have all been by to see Amber but she just shooed them off. Trying to get what happened to Amber out of them was a difficult task. The only thing they told me was to wait til Amber ready to talk, but in all reality I can't wait. I wanna know.

It was 10 am in the morning and I just made my baybeh her favorite: chocolate chip pancakes, with scrambles eggs, bacon, hash browns with apple juice. But this time I wasn't taking her food up there to her. If she hungry, she's gonna have to come downstairs and maybe I'll get her to talk to me.

I sat our food on the table and went upstairs to our room. Amber laid in bed with her earphones in listening to music, as she been doing every morning. I waved at her so I could get her attention, making her take her earphones out.

"You hungry baybeh ?"

She nodded her head yes.

"Well, c'mon downstairs." I said.

"No." She replied.

"Amber I'm not bringin yo food up hea, if you hungry you betta bring dat ass downstairs .. Now, before yo food gets cold."

I heard her sigh then stared at me with an annoyed look.

"Ion care bout you lookin at me like dat. You been in hea fah 3 days na it's time to come downstairs. You comin or not ?"

She let out a deep breath before she removed herself from the covers causing me to smile. She had nothing one but a tank top and underwear, with her hair in a messy bun but she still did no wrong in my eyes.

"Dats my girl." I said, kissing her forehead as she walked passed me.

I sat down next to her at the island and said a little prayer then we began eating. It was a comfortable silence at first, but in my mind I was thinking of a way to ask about the situation until Amber spoke up.

"Bae ?"

"Wassam mama ?"

"This is good." She said, not looking at me.

I smiled and kissed her cheek.
"Thank ya baybeh."

"I'm sorry I been.. You know to myself these past couple of days. When things turned left at the baby shower I really didn't know what to do or even know how to tell you the situation. You know your wondering what happened and I wanna tell you, but its just so hard.

"Tell me da best way you can love. Take ya time."

She continue to chew for a little bit more before she sighed.

"My uncle, my dad's brother stayed with us for a little bit when I was around 12 or 13. His wife had just divorced him and he had no where to go. She took everything he had, even took my little cousins and they moved out of Texas to Florida. He was out of a job so my father told him he could live with us til he got back on his feet. After about like three months of staying there I would notice the way he'll look at me. He'll watch me as I played around, looking me up and down. Basically checking me out you can say. I didn't really pay attention to it until Adrian started noticing it, at the time she was 17 so when she noticed it too I knew I wasn't tripping. He would always call me over to come sit on his lap and Adrian would tell me no don't go over there and he'll get mad at her."