Part 13- Going to Set

Some weeks went by and Tom and I called each other every night. He was having a blast filming and it made me happy that he was enjoying himself. I was so thankful that our relationship was a secret then because young love was so weird. I mean you "date" as much as you can because well, you have your parents, but are the feelings real or are they just raging hormones and the fact that it's normalized in our society to date? I question that now but as I think about it, I think the feeling was real, on both ends.  I got home from school and the afternoon went by quickly. I called Tom that night as usual and he asked me if I was ready to come to set. "I'll ask Haz too, so you know it doesn't look weird" Tom said as he saw my face unsure. "Yea I'd love to" I said. "Ok well you guys can come down this weekend, so you don't have to miss school" Tom told me. I smiled. "Ok so I'll call Haz tomorrow and then you guys can ask your parents and then hopefully you guys can make it here by the weekend" Tom replied. We talked about what he's been doing filming. He told me that his character was so sweet and he could relate to him somewhat. I was glad that Tom was liking it and I was excited that I could possibly be visiting him on set again this weekend.

We both fell asleep and wake up again to us still on the phone. The day went by slowly and school seemed like it would never end. When school was finally done I went home and started to do my homework when I hear Harrison's phone ring. "Hey Tom" I hear him say. "Yea" Haz continued. "Sure, Nova too?" He said. "Alright man, I'll ask my parents when they get home" Haz finishes. Just then I hear Harrison get up and I didn't even realize that I was leaning up against the wall trying to listen. I run to the other side of the room to my desk and practically slide in my rolling chair. Just then Haz knocked on my door, "Hey Nova, it's me" he opened the door. "Hey" I said acting like I wasnt just listening to his conversation. "Tom called me and asked if we want to go visit him on set this weekend" he said. "Yea sure sounds fun" I respond. "Ok we still have to ask mom and dad but I'm pretty sure they'll say yes, especially if the Holland's are going to see him this weekend too" he said. Tom didn't tell me that his family was going too, I mean I wasn't mad but I wondered why he didn't tell me.

When our parents got home we asked them if meeting Tom was ok, of course they said yes. That night I called Tom and told him that we'd be able to make it this weekend. "Yea, Haz already called and told me" Tom said kind of quietly but happy at the same time. "Oh ok" I said,  kind of sad that I wasn't the one to tell the good news. "Tom I could hear Haz talking to you today. Do you think that he can hear us now?" I asked him. He stopped, his face kind of frozen. "I don't know Nova" he said. We talk about how Haz could already know and how this could ruin the secret. We knew that eventually the secret would either come out not by our choice or by our choice but for right now we wanted to keep it a secret. The week continued on and I was waiting all week for the weekend to get there so I could go see Tom. Finally it was Friday night, I called Tom, "aren't you just so excited to see your girlfriend tomorrow?" I said as soon as the call connected. "Yes I am" he said with a smile. We talked about what we were going to do when we got there. He was going on and on about the things we could do and how excited he was that I was coming.