Chapter 12

Nico sighed,"Why was school invented?"

Will frowned at Nico,"It's educational. Where would we get mathematicians and doctors and engineers-"

Nico rolled his eyes,"Stop, I get it."

Alix, Lance and Keith sat down in front of the two of them.

Alix waved,"Hey. I'm a girl today."

Lance snorted,"I know."

She looked at Nico,"But they don't know."

Will smiled weakly,"So.... Did you all have a good sleep?"

Nico immediately stepped on Will's foot under the table.

As a demigod, dreams are a touchy subject.

Get it? Nico asked himself. Dreams? Touchy?

Wow, thought Nico. I'm so good at jokes.

Keith shrugged,"It was okay. No dreams."

Nico saw Alix wiggle her eyebrows,"Oh ho ho ho ho, I had an amazing dream about my ships-"

Lance stopped her,"So you do like boats?"

She paused for a while, then her lips stretched into a big grin,"Not boat ships, relationship ships."

Keith spoke up,"What?"

She gestured with her hands," When you like two people together, it becomes a ship, and you blend names of something related to them together! Mostly names, but there are instances-"

Beside him, Nico saw Will's eye twitch,"Example, please?"

Alix fake-cried,"Are you serious? You know of no ships? None at all?"

"No?"

"What are you doing with your life?"

Nico thought for a moment. 

Killing monsters, dealing with Percy, training, killing monsters, making sure he ate proper food, trying to sleep, running away from a certain someone who kept insisting he spend a day or two at infirmary, killing monsters-

No one spoke for a while, and Alix cleared he throat.

"Seriously? I could go on all day."

Nico cringed,"Please don't."

Alix pouted,"Fine...."

"Not!"

She rambled on and on, and Nico might have accidentally tuned her out.

For once, he felt lucky to have ADHD.

                                                                    ~~~

Miss Claes pointed on the board,"Now, can someone please tell me what to bring to the field?"

Nico shrugged to himself. He hadn't be listening.

There was absolutely nothing interesting about what they were going to do.

Except the fact that they were going to go to a nearby field.

Nico sighed, at least he could get out of the chair he had been glued to for quite a while to move around for a bit.

Not that he could guarantee that he would move around only a little bit.

Scanning the room, Miss Clae's eyes landed on a sleeping boy in the front row.

"Myrl," Miss Claes said loudly, moving to stand in front of him,"What did I just say?"