Chapter 24

The venue was filled with average amount of people. Not too less, not overloaded. Just the right amount. It seems that both Malhotra and Aggarwal families are big enough to consume a big hall that can consists more than three hundred people. It was filled with people coming and mingling with each other. Congratulating the groom's and bride's family. The elders were hugging each other and the younger ones (only boys) touching the feet of elder ones. Groom has already arrived with his family and is seated on the high royal looking sofa from where his eyes are waiting for his bride. Mahi. He could have arrived earlier if not for his mother. She wanted her son to be the best-looking groom. And no doubt in his dark-green color three piece suit Amar was standing out in the crowd.

 And no doubt in his dark-green color three piece suit Amar was standing out in the crowd

Usually he is not a big fan of this color, but his mother is one stubborn woman. Well he doesn't mind wearing a clown dress if it meant his mother's happiness.

"Where have you lost bhai (brother)?"
Amar came out of the bubble when his cousin Shrey tapped his shoulder.

He raised his eyes and smiled softly, "Nowhere..."

"Or maybe you are lost in the world of Bhabhi (sister-in-law). Huh?" His another cousin Vikram teased him more.

The word 'Bhabhi' coming from his cousins for Mahi sounds foreign to Amar. Foreign but a good kind. He smiled inwardly and the restlessness to see her is becoming unbearable. Where is she? Why is she taking so much time? He knows that she is marrying him for the sake of her parents' happiness. That increases the probability of her backing out of this betrothal. What if-

"Look bhai! Bhabhi is here!" His sister Shreya exclaimed. She is one bubbly girl who couldn't control her emotions.

In his war of thoughts he didn't noticed the change in music for the entrance of bride. He slowly lifted his eyes and there she is. The woman of his dreams. The love of his life. The angel of his heaven. She was looking breathtakingly beautiful. At that moment it clicked to him. That's why his mother was so persistent of this color. Mahi's dress was in the same colour , a slight different shade. But they will compliment each other if they stand together.

In an elegant way she was holding her dress with both her hands and eyes down, maybe out of shyness

She doesn't like to be the centre of attraction. And keeping her eyes down is the best way to avoid it. As she came closer to the stage Amar raised from his seat and came at the edge offering his hands.
When she noticed his hand through her line of vision, she lifted her eyes and their vision collided with each other. Slowly and softly she kept her cold and shivering hands in his warm ones. He squeezed her hands lightly after sensing her nervousness and gave her an assuring look. She relaxed a bit in his presence immediately but not completely. He helped her to sit comfortably on the sofa and seated himself keeping a safe distance as to not make her uncomfortable.