Chapter 11

I enjoyed a lot at fair. Amar and Shruti are not only my best buddies but my supporting pillars too. We took various rides and tried many fast food dishes. Gol gappas were my main priority though! I just can't resist them. Amar even bought a yellow balloon with a cute smiley for me which is still tied to one of the corner of my stylish design bed making me smile all over again. This outing with my besties really did wonders to my sulking mood. And this is how I semi-leaped out of my sadness.
From semi to total I worked hard to bring my normal self and as I said I was back to normal totally. The same cheery,crazy,bubbly Mahi. Though the pain still resides somewhere in my heart but now I am pro at burying things. Not corpse though. But yes...pain.

Being a lecturer at Delhi University I have some professional responsbilities which I should not forget. My holidays of one week was long over and it's been a month of my back to pavillion mode and I like this monotonous pace of life. Reporting at 9 in the morning till 6 in evening. Back to home at 7. Dinner with parents at 9 and some other left over work till 11. One hour for social networking sites. 12 or 12:30- good night to everyone! Simple and engaging schedule. Enough to distract my brain from the nuisance created by my lovely past. Sarcasm still exists in me! Good job!

Shruti got busy in her law firm and Amar returned to Pune the other day after the fair. They never failed to had a late night phone call on every Saturday, considered as a Niyam (Rule). Though life was as normal as it could be but I did not want it to be that normal with a Robot-style schedule.

Standing at the balcony of my red and white themed room with my favourite coffee mug encircled between my palms, I was in a deep thought. To be exact,many thoughts were roaming around me like a movie. And the one question that snatched my attention the most was What should I do to change my lackadiasical routine?
I highly disagree with Shruti's opnion of partying in clubs and become a "wild" animal. Of course, we humans also fall in the category of an animal. Returning from biology to my lifeology, the loud and ear shrieking music and animalistic dance is a straight 'no' for me. I had already endured so much drama and unsettlement. Now I only wish for my peace of mind. Silence which should not comes to swallow me up but enlighten me with freshness is a huge 'yes' for me.

Light and soft breeze of August caresses my face gently. I closed my eyes to inhale the aroma of my beverage mixed with earthly smell of wet grounds from my small garden. For a moment the questioning thoughts disappear from my mind. The sight of green grass and various flower pots decorated in front of my balcony courses a serene feeling through my heart. NATURE. Nature always baffled me with its green magic. My black orbs never failed to be amused and shine in the presence of nature. Feeling of ease surrounds me whenever I enter in the world of nature. Got it! Yes! I mentally fist palmed in the air with a sudden thought. Nature is the answer of my question. I should visit a place that holds the beauty of nature and Delhi is very much far from it. That indicates I have to travel! Great! But to where? Although there is no doubt, India is well-known for its scenic views and nature among tourists but I want peace at my destination place. Not any interruptions of tourists. This calls for internet!

Keeping my now vacant coffee mug on a round study table, I plopped down on my bed and drag my laptop on my lap. Going through different travelogues, the place that catched my oculus is COORG - the Scotland of India. It is one of the best place for nature lovers in India. It is the most affluent hill station in Karnataka. Now I remember, my cousin Arushi,described us about its breathtakingly exotic scenery and lush greenery. Browsing its travel info is exciting the fire within me to a much higher level.
------------------------------------------------------

While arranging the dinner with my mother I was at the verge of spilling my plans to her but restrained myself however. I want to disclose my en tour to Coorg at an appropriate time.

Dinner went in comfortable silence except the retro music on which dancers were performing well in an award function.
After having dinner I switched off the noise making our living room in pin drop silence.

"Papa, Mummy, I want to talk to you guys about something." I said breaking the ice.

"What happened?" Asked Papa worriedly

"Nothing to worry Papa! I just want to take a vacation of four days." I said hesitantly

"Vacation? Suddenly?" My mother asked narrowing her eyebrows in confusion

"Yes vacation. I want to refresh myself from this boring schedule Mummy."

"Okay... Are you going with your friends?" Papa asked

"No. I am going alone Papa." I answered in a low voice.

"Beta (dear) you can visit your Nani's( maternal grandmother) house for vacations and from there you can take a trip to Nainital of one day as you know it is just few hours away from Kashipur." My mother suggested

"No! Mummy I am not planning to visit Kashipur for my peaceful vacation. I want some PEACE OF MIND and not at all interested to be a 'gossip of the day' for my five wonderful Mamis (maternal Aunts)." I replied the last part with thick sarcasm.

"Mahi!" Mother shouted and continued. "Don't talk about your Mamis like that. They will only make you feel comfortable Mahi."

"Sorry but I had already decided my destination."

"Niti let her decide to wherever she wants to be. Let her enjoy."

"I am not stopping her. I was only suggesting. So dear where have you planned your vacation?"

"Coorg. I am going to Coorg in Karnataka for four days after one week."

"Coorg! In south... Let me search about this place in my brand new iPhone 7s then we can also plan a vacation to Coorg someday. What say Niti?" Papa playfully quirked his eyebrows towards Mummy.

"Sure! It's been two years since we visited any tourists place." Mother replied excitedly

"Yeah... That's a great idea! I will fill you guys with Coorg's beauty's tales."

"And what about your job Mahi?" Papa asked concernly

"I will apply leave application tomorrow stating family function as a reason. They have to agree after all I hadn't took a single leave in these hectic six months. Last I applied for one week leave..." I ceased in mid remembering that dreadful past.

"Ok... That's good. My daughter is a hard-working and dedicated lecturer. Of course she deserves atleast four days of relaxation." Papa diverted the topic and there was proud shining in my father's big black eyes. Those big black eyes which I inherited from him.

"Family hug time!" Mummy screamed happily and Papa immediately took both the ladies into his loving and warm embrace. That's the safest and most comfortable place for a daughter. I was living this unforgettable moment of my life to the fullest. I love my parents too much and would trade anything to be with them. I always pray to God to make them my parents in every lifetime.

------------------------------------------------------