Chapter 17

"Then, when are you coming gorilla?"

"Sorry yaar(friend)... After promotion, work load is not becoming any less. You know...with great powers comes great responsibilities." Amar answered in his usual cocky and casual tone.

"Don't you quote Spider-man here dude. I need you yaar. I mean your help. Come as soon as possible." I whined at the last part like a two-year old child.

"Don't be depressed bachha(kid). I'll arrive on Sangeet day. Meaning...after two weeks." He assured.

"Oye! Then what about your performance?" I quickly asked.

"Mahi... You know very well that dance isn't my interest. I only know "Baraat" dance and that kind of moves will spoil your perfectly synchronized performance."

"You are right. What to expect more from you dumbass." I retorted and continued. "But still if you could come early..." I trailed off.

He glared while answering me. Oops!

"First, I'm not a dumbass. Second, I'll try but not gonna give you false hope, chhipkali(lizard)."

"Fine! Gorilla!"

"Achha... Where is Shruti?" He asked changing the subject.

"She is on a dinner date with Vishal jiju. She was a nervous wreck so I suggested a romantic date."

"Of course, you can only suggest romantic kinda stuffs. But why was she nervous?"

"So any problem regarding my idea Mr.? And I think it's wedding jitters."

"Nope! Not at all..."

And we talked about anything and everything for eternity. Huh? Okay... I exaggerated a little bit. Maybe for one and a half hour?
Finally with a contented heart I drifted off to a peaceful slumber. And about Shruti... She is going to spend whole night with her would-be husband. I trust them. They know their limits. And for the record... They both are virgins( as told by my besty ) *wink*. They both want to consummate their relationship after marriage. Till then... I think only sweet cuddles and heated make-out sessions (what a self-control over there). *applauds*
See...what a romantic life she is living. Sometimes I crave for the same but like it is said ... You must be prepared for your dreams to make them come true but with what had happened in my past, I'm not ready yet. Call me stubborn and stuck up bitch but this is who I'm. With all my insecurities.
------------------------------------------------------

These two weeks went in a blur. Like time is running at a cheetah speed. Well... Today is Shruti's Sangeet and I choose to wear an elegant quarter sleeves black blouse with pink long skirt embroidered in golden wires and sequins at bottom border. About jewellery I concluded with jhumki earings and black bangles. In this cold weather wearing a blouse is not a wise choice. But who cares? This day is not going to repeat and I can always drape a shawl over it. Though with a mass of people and all the dancing, it will get warm eventually. Right now I'm in Aradhya Di's room, on a mission to catch a hiding Philips straightner. Where it is? Where it is? Got ya! OMG! I'm getting late for the function. Where is my chunni ( a part of dress to drape around our body)? It still need to be drape around my body to cover my exposed skin. It will definitely consume half an hour to adjust with my bare waist and back. You see... The back side of my blouse is deep but no so deep. Time to run Mahi! And here I'm running in the hallway. If you take a look at the interior of my house then you will find my room at the farthest right corner of first floor and Di's room is at the left corner. In between our rooms, there is a guest room on my side and a store room on Di's side. Ground floor contains a living hall with dinning table and nine-seater sofa set  and my parents's room adjacent to kitchen. And after that comes a huge terrace above first floor. So all in all my house is not like Shruti's mansion but it still is homey and big enough.