Chapter 15

As soon as the plane landed at Lucknow airport my father called.

"Mahi where are you bachha(kid)? I'm waiting outside the airport."

"Coming Pa. Just landed. I'm coming in ten to fifteen minutes."

"Okay... Come..."

After collecting my lugguage I headed outside the airport to find my Pa leaning against his silver Swift, arms crossed across his chest with light blue shades on, posing like a car model. I ran and hugged him. He balanced us both and chuckled.

"Missed your old man?"

"Old? Just now you posed like a freaking model Pa. And yes I missed you both."

"Hahaha... Come let's go home. Your mother is eagerly waiting for her daughter."
------------------------------

"These two silk sarees are for you Mummy and shirts for Papa."

I showed them everything I bought from Coorg. The showpieces, jewellery and the infamous specialities like honey,spices and sandalwood oil.

"Wow Mahi! Coorg is so beautiful and so relevant for a vacation." My mother exclaimed.

"See... This is Mallalli Falls, very mesmerising and this is Honnamana Kerala Lake, amazing na?" I excitedly told.

Right now Mum and Pa are going through my DSLR and selfies, appreciating the Scotland of India.

After having dinner and biding goodnights I waltzed in my room to take a good rest. But deciding against it I rang Shruti to let her know my arrival.

"Hey! Shruti! I'm back."

"Hi! When?" She shouted in amusement.

"This evening only."

"Good.. So where are my details buddy?"

"Come home tomorrow. Will tell you every bits of my trip."

"Great idea! Even I have a good news for you. So afternoon lunch?"

"Oh... Now I'm curious. Sure thing."

"Okay... Will meet you tomorrow then." She giggled

"Ok... Bye.. Good night dumbo."

"Good night sweety."

I was staring at the ceiling above again contemplating on- should I call Amar? Maybe he was asleep? I can call him tomorrow. But I want to talk to him now. Ughh!! Leave!
And what's this good news Shruti wants to reveal? About her job? Something Vishal jiju gifted her maybe? This curosity will not let me sleep in peace. I'm damn sure about it. After one hour of self-talking I drifted off to sleep.
-------------------------

"Oh my God! This is so beautiful! Thank you so much Mahi! Now I can say your choice is not so bad, girl." Shruti beamed with cheeriness shining in her eyes.

"I know right. My choice is good. Are you happy now?"

"Totally! And thanks for the shirts. Vishal will surely gonna like them."

"What's with these 'thank you's' all of a sudden? You thanking me that too twice?! That's not you dumbo!"

"I don't know... I feel like thanking you so I did. Any problem?" She posed like a drama queen.

I rolled my eyes on her antics.

"Don't say thanks yaar... It's nothing infront of all the things you're going to buy for me from your honeymoon." I replied with an evil smirk.

"You! Clever fox! Ok... Fine... Now that you have raise the topic of my honeymoon, I would love to reveal the awaiting good news." She said with a sing-song tone.