Chapter 10

We were sitting on a bench in a beautiful and lonely park. Just like my situation except the beautiful part. There is this comfortable silence as my crying stopped. I don't want to break it and I think Amar knows the same. He didn't utter a word since we arrived. I don't know from where suddenly my eyes become watery on their own or maybe because of the painful moments I am remembering from my past till today. And then a lone tear rolled down my cheeks making my skin wet in a line. Amar placed his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it lightly. I turned my somewhat watery vision towards him. He swept that wet line from my cheek. This gesture just triggered my emotions and begin to flow. Amar snaked his arms around my shoulder while I was crying, fisting his shirt and resting my head on his chest. His other hand was patting my back soothingly.

"Why did this happened to me? Have I did something wrong,Amar?" I asked him with my cracking voice.

"I am not going to stop you from cryng because you really need to let out everything. And you did nothing wrong,okay? This is not your fault. Samyak clearly mentioned in his letter that you're not the reason behind all the chaos. So never blame yourself for the things you never committed."

I hummed and nodded in response. I was not in a state to reply verbally.

Peace again surrounded us,the exact opposite situation bubbling within my heart. Silent tears making their way as usual lighting my heavy burdened large aortic pump.

"Do you love him?" Amar asked out of blue

"W-what?" I stuttered. Astonished with his choice of question.

"You heard me..."

"Yes I heard you clearly Amar. But why are you asking this question?"

"Tell me yaar... Why are you crying? Is it because you loved him and he left you?" He asked with concern and slight curosity

"Look Amar, first, I don't love him and second, I'm crying because once again I failed. I failed in my life. Again a broken relationship. Wait! No! Not relationship because he never behaved like a friend or proposed me. Why would he proposed me? He is in love with someone else."

I took a deep breath and continued.

"All my hopes are shattered like a mirror and now I understood clearly, I am not the one for a marriage or Love. Love is a rare emotion which only the fortunate people can feel and I am not one of them." I said with a half-hearted laugh.

"Hey! Don't think of yourself like that. You're lucky that you find out about Samyak before your marriage. This is all God's will. Have faith in Him. And remember before God's punishment if I ever found that moron somewhere in this globe, I will beat him to death." He said with red in his eyes.

"No Amar you're not going to hurt him ever. You know I believe in Karma. I don't want you to commit any bad Karma because of him. Just let this go. I also want to forget this day. I want a normal life with or without Love."

"I am not going to spare him and you cannot hold me back Mahi. And about Love... It will find it's way. I think Love has lost somewhere in this huge world but it will definitely find it's way to you, one day." He assured me with something in his glistening brown orbs. We were staring in each others' eyes. I got so busy in looking into his eyes that I didn't realised a small curve shaping up my lips on its own. I was again engulfed in a warm and comforting hug.

After returing home Amar told whole incident to my family. Papa was very much furious to know their deed. Next day my father called Samyak's family for a meeting. On the same evening at our house Papa confronted them for their lies and broke every connection with his family. Though they apologised several times but our family was firm in our decision. 
---------------------------------------------------

After that incident Mahi becomes silent. She merely converses properly with anyone except Amar and Shruti . A gesture or nod was enough for her to communicate with her family. She felt guilty to even speak a full sentence with her parents. Blaming herself of the situation they faced one week ago. But Neeti and Girish loved their daughter to core and tried assuring her that she should not blame herself and move on happily.

"Mahi... It had been a week since that incident happened. Forget that bast***. That useless jerk may rot in hell. Please don't waste your precious time in sulking about his family's betrayal."

"Shruti I am not 'sulking' or anything. I need some time to adjust myself,that's it. And I'm definitely not upset anymore because of him. I am afraid yaar...in trusting men. Not from the professional side of course but personal side. Will I ever find someone to whom I can trust blindly? To whom I can Love or Marry?"

"Woah woah woah... Woman... Relax!! Take a deep breath and calm down. You believe in Karma so stop thinking like that and be strong. Utilise yourself in good cause rather roaming around like a zombie. My Mahi is a determined and independent woman who knows how to handle life wisely. At this moment I may not answer your questions but I can lift up your mood. So now go get ready, we are going somewhere."

"No! I don't want to go! Please..."

"No arguments girl... You're going with us."

"Us? Who else is going?"

"Amar... Of course! He is the one who suggested to take you in this fair... We know how much you enjoy there."

"Oh... Ok! Only for you guys I'm going."

"Thank you so much for your favour zombie" she replied  sarcastically rolling her eyes. Her reaction made me giggle.
After getting ready we strolled downstairs.

"Amar? When did you came?" I asked him

"Ten minutes before. I had already took permission from uncle and aunty. Now lets go!" He replied enthusiastically

"Ok... Bye Mummy bye Papa"

"Bye dear! I am so happy that finally you're opening to this world again." Mummy said with teary eyes.

"Mummy... Don't cry! I am so sorry. I made you guys so tensed and worried with my shut and non responsive behaviour. Now I promise you, I'll be like before. No tears,no silence. Your old daughter is back." I assured them with a smile

"That's like my girl. I knew it, my daughter is not weak. I always taught you to lift yourself up whenever life brings you down. We fall to pick ourselves up. I am proud of you dear. You didn't dissappont my teachings." Papa said proudly and lovingly

"I love you papa and mummy. I will always follow your wise words Papa."

"Now go and enjoy. We can chit chat later on after you return." Mummy ushered us outside.

"Byeeeee!!" We shouted from outside to them.

"Byee children" they shouted back.