Chapter 8

"Wake Up Mahi!!!" someone yelled

"Ugh... Go away!!" I groaned

"Fine... I should then let Amar get back to his house..." Mummy said

"What?!! No!!" I jumped out from my bed suddenly hearing his name and quickly made my way out of my bed, running downstairs. I tried to fix my hair in a ponytail while descending. Mummy shouted from corridor to be careful and not to run on stairs.

As soon as Amar came in my view talking to my sister I shouted his name and ran up to him for a hug. He turned immediately and opened his arms with a smiling face. I embraced him in a warm hug and he spun me around making me all giggly and happy. He stopped and put me down.

"Good Morning to you too pagli (mad girl)." I chuckled and pouted at my nickname.

My Mummy always wanted me to get married to Amar but we never see each other in that way. Actually I don't want to spoil my precious friendship with him. He is nice and caring but deserves much better girl than me. Who knows... He might like someone from his office or college?? He never told me about any girl though... May be he is not comfortable or whatever.

"I am so happy to see you here. You finally came after a long time. I know... You never missed me." I said half heartedly

"Oye! Drama queen. You don't know how much I missed you. I never missed any one of your messages and calls."

"Ya ya... I know... And I too never missed any of your calls." I said smilingly

"Hey Mahi what's this?" He asked me pointing at a gift box on the table. I looked towards that box and then towards his mischivious grin.

"Oh my God Amar!!!" I shouted and grabbed that box.

"Open it drama queen." He said with a wide grin.

I opened it and found a beautiful Titan bracelet watch. Its dial was big and is surrounded with small diamonds. I got awestruck by its beauty.

"Amar.." I screamed and hugged him tightly.

"You liked it?" He asked amusingly

"Of course yar!! I loved it... Thank you, thank you, thank you sooo much."

"I just want this smile on your face. That's it, not your thanks. I am glad you like it. It was very tough to choose a beautiful watch for you."

"Why? Were there many beautiful watches that you got confused?"

"No... Actually... There were not even a single watch which I thought was meant for you. And one day I saw this watch in a showroom while my friend was selecting a ring for his girlfriend."

"Aww... So sweet of you Amar..."

"Chal bs kr...(now enough) Amul is now expensive so don't spread on me."

"Mahi... Go to your room and freshen up yourself. You have not even brushed your teeth. Go! Now! And Amar you sit, have breakfast with us."

"Ok Mummy... Going! " I said non chalantly

After four days of Amar's arrival, Amar and I are going over Samyak's house. I wanted Amar to meet Samyak. Afterall he is my best friend and deserves to have a boy to boy conversation. You know... The threatening talks 😋 I want to see the reaction on Samyak's face because I know how much concerned Amar is when it comes to his best friend.

Amar parked the car out of their house. He was about to ring the bell when I stopped him. There were faint voices coming from inside and the surprising thing is the door was slightly opened. May be my mistake. I stepped inside though Amar's protest of my bad manners.
I was standing there bewildered and tears pricking my eyes. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"How should we-" Kanchan aunty ceased as she turned around following everyone's gaze.