Chapter 16

Next one and a half month went in 9 to 5 job as well as planning and finalising everything. I planned Shruti's Mehendi and Haldi in a same venue i.e.her big modern house. From decorations to dresses and songs according to theme is figured out with most of the shopping done. Only Shruti and I's dresses are left to be shopped. Currently we're deciding on the venue for Ladies Sangeet. We have two options:

i.) A pool side function
ii.) An open lawn

I suggested the latter one but one of her cousin wanted pool side event. We concluded for family's votes. Whichever option  gets majority of votes, will be chosen. After two days of heavy voting, we finally settled for an open lawn, much to my desire. Members from both groom and bride's side are going to be present in this function, so we will have to merge with Vishal jiju's cousin as well for dance practice. It will begin from the next month. Till then we need to prepare a list of participants and their songs and not to forget the special couple dance of our bride and groom.

"Are you satisfied with open lawn idea?" I asked Shruti doubtedly.

"Of course darling! Why wouldn't I be? I know you're more excited for my wedding than me. All the late night ideas and planning you're doing just to make everything memorable...means a lot to me." Unshed tears welled up to her eyes.

"Oh dumbo! Don't make me emotional now. I have many things left to think about. A sentimental mind would do no help. At all! And I'm glad that you're liking it so far. Plus... Save your water works for your Bidaai."

"Yeah...yeah.. My wedding planner. Fine... I'm not crying. But yaar... I'm nervous. With every passing day, I'm getting more antsy." Shruti said in a worried tone.

"Oh don't worry babe. These all are wedding jitters. It's natural to be nervous. But don't doubt about this marriage. Okay? Vishal jiju is so caring and loves you a lot." I assured her.

"I know and I'm not doubting him or this marriage. Infact he calls me everyday to check upon me. He knew how nervous I'm these days." She replied with a daydreaming smile.

"That's so sweet. Hey! I have an idea!"

"What idea?" She asked confused.

"An idea that can change your life."

"Stop quoting ads Mahi. That's absolutely not funny." She rolled her eyes.

"Geez woman! Well coming back to the point. You both should go on a romantic dinner date. Spend some quality time together and I'm sure this date will be a relief to all your nervousness." I suggested.

"Are you sure? And what about my Mamma's permission? She will not going to allow me."

"Don't worry darlo! A salt size lie will not do any harm. You can say that you're having a sleepover at my house."

"Yeah... I can do that. But I don't want to lie yaar... Doesn't matter if its an ant size or an elephant."

"Fine then... Sulk as much you want till your wedding day."

"No no no! Ok! Looks like none option left."

"Yo! Now go! I mean... I'm calling Vishal jiju so he can prepare a date tomorrow." I giggled.

"Sure" she squealed happily.
____________________________________

A new chapter this Feb. Enjoy lovely readers. Remember to smile throughout your problems. It may not solve your problems but will surely strengthen your will to survive.

~Keep smiling~