The Elders

The sun was in the midst of beginning to set once again, the sky a beautifully decorated canvas painted orange and purple, the colors running smoothly against the edge of the outlying horizon. Louis would've found it beautiful if he'd taken the time to look at it through his panic. He would've even taken a seat near his tipi to observe it for as long as he could, basking in the sight of what nature had to give.

However, Louis never had the chance to sit back and enjoy what nature had to offer. Whenever he had the chance, the opportunity was corrupted or seized from his hands. Whether it was watching his brothers body stain the oceans waters and the sound of beach waves, or the bloodshed of war behind every turn, there was always something.

But this time, it was ruined by the panic.

He found himself running swiftly by pack members as they made their way down the many camp trails, their balances being thrown off from the sudden gush of air as he ran by them and the sudden acknowledge of his presence. His legs carried him faster than the average human being, courtesy of pure Omega characteristics, and he managed to dodge any unsuspecting individuals from being ran into.

He heard a lady scream to his left from the sudden realization of Louis running swiftly pass her, her hand raised to rest on her chest and breath heavy as she dropped her basket of various fruits along the path. Louis would've given his apologies, even would've offered a helping hand, but he had more important things to do than pick up hundreds of scattered berries from the dirty ground. It would take him ages.

So, with all-in-all, he decided to just keep running about as fast as he could, and his destination was to the pack meeting house.

It was a big guess on whether or not Harry was gonna be there. Even though that was the last place Harry had been seen by Louis, and despite having the Alpha walk away from him the last time they were in each other's presence, he still wished to give the place a chance just in case.

And his conclusion was right. They were back at the meeting house.

He found himself skidding to a halt in front of the wooden door to the big stone building, a gush of dirt flying into the air as he drifted to a quick stop. A few candles were lit in the windows dressing the walls on both sides of the door, illuminating stretched silhouettes dancing along the walls while casting an eerie orange glow all around the inside. He could hear inaudible chattering coming from the other side of the door and he pressed his hand to the wooden slab, his mind trying to keep himself balanced before he was to even think about pushing it open.

His breathing was still heavy and his body was unbalanced from the constant running. He was pretty sure his legs could be considered actual jelly at this point. Plus, his cheeks were flushed a deep pink from having to push himself quite the distance--without stopping, if he must add.

When he felt ready, Louis pushed open the door quickly, his eyes landing firstly on the large stone table in the middle of the enormous room. It was long enough to sit around ten people, yet only six were surrounding it. All of the inhabitants inside the room were all large, bulky Hell Hound Alphas, their eyes piercing Louis in the same instant he found himself flying into the room. Clyde and Harry were included as they all turned their attention to a terrified Louis.

The room was large and spacious--definitely bigger than it seemed from the outside. Besides for the table in the middle, there were large papers lining the walls with words scribbled upon them in thick black ink. There were sketches of people that Louis never knew of, there were even things tapped with red ribbon dressing across from them, almost as if it was connecting two things together, and some papers seemed to be torn down, leaving just the corners left to sit tapped against the cold stone wall.