After the warm atmosphere dropped to negative million, FeiNan immediately regretted what he said, slapping himself mentally for being so offensive.

"Host is doing great please keep up the good work!!"

Trying its best to cheer on the slowly dying FeiNan, the System quickly chimed in to give moral support.

Digging his nails into his palms to prevent him from passing out on the spot he quickly enquired the Head Steward on any possible jobs that can be done.

"Young Master there's only one place that lacks a servant."

"Well?"

"It's Young Master's courtyard."

Distant crows can be heard cawing....

The place usually had nobody around to tend to it as FeiNan had sent everybody away, he did not know anyone and would quickly arouse suspicion.

But now, during the fine lovely afternoons, an intimidating figure could be seen sweeping the leaves and preening the plants. FeiNan could not bear to see his treatment of the Protaganist and would constantly run out of the estate.

Doing this job within the courtyard was not difficult, as FeiNan who was having a mid life crisis consistantly disappeared, to the joy of JunQing.

Although he was happy, he cannot help but feel slightly irritated at FeiNan, which was clearly the same age but acts as if he is forty years older. Not only that, but he avoids himself like the plague.

Other than reading afew books, drinking tea and hurriedly taking off the other direction, there was nothing he could observe from the other person.

On the other hand, his new friend NanFei appears every night seemingly from nowhere.

Usually dressed in the same light white robe and white mask, he would appear to pass some small items and check on his mother before disappearing.

JunQing has long tried to reject the other's goodwill but he, the boy behind the mask, just smiles gently and pushes it right back.

Always trying to better know his benefactor, JunQing would insert himself into every second of the short visit he would make. Either by sticking closely or commenting on anything the other does.

Slowly, the scared and hunched back straightened out, and the eyes that constantly looked down, now stared directly at him, every emotion clearly expressed within them.

They grew to be more comfortable with each other, close enough to share casual conversations.

Their usual hang out spot where they would have some drinks and chat amicably was on the roof top under the starry night,

"NanFei you wouldn't guess what FeiNan did today"

"What?"

"I don't understand why your are friends, you two are like polar opposites, he is so cold today he brushed me off when I tried to help him, I think he even called me irritating under his breathe!! Sometimes I feel like ripping him a new one."

FeiNan heard him and nervously chuckled, clasping his hands together and replying,

"I see, well please try not to do that, it will be...bad."

Or more like he would have to beg for his life...

JunQing hummed in response clearly not completely setting down his plan. Looking at how NanFei was distressed, piqued his interest, as he eyed the other boy curiously.

FeiNan's porcelain white skin gave off a slight glow under the night sky where the only sources of light were the stars themselves.

He was clearly a noble, and a pretty rich and sheltered one at that. But JunQing could not bring himself to harbour any ill will against this fragile man.

A new feeling bubbled up inside his heart, a sense of protection towards this benefactor of his, he wanted to keep him in a safe place.

JunQing vigourously shook his head, surprised at his thought. Maybe he had been working too hard because of that bastard FeiNan. His mind was all jumbled up.

(FeiNan: (。┰ω┰。) why is it my fault...)

Underneath the starry night, a sense of stillness hung around them, it was not awkward it was warm and comfortable, giving the two a sense of intimacy.

JunQing gulped once, then twice, finally choking out the words,

"NanFei, why won't you take off the mask?"

Like a delicate shawl being ripped apart, the question cut through the silence, hanging in the air like a dense fog.

The person in question jolted and his lips pulled into a thin line, clearly unwilling to say anything. A long pause settled around them, and just when JunQing was about to give up and apologise, FeiNan replied,

"Well there are many reasons but you never know, maybe I'm a monster that came from another world to....Eat you!!"

FeiNan looked over and mimiced a demon, sticking out his tongue as far as it goes and raising his hands out menacingly.

"Uahhhh demon!!"

JunQing mockingly cried out at his friend's playful acting.

FeiNan laughed in response, eyes upturned as a light laughter sounded, similar to the tinkling of a wind chime.

After the initial bout of laughter subsided, FeiNan did not notice the slight frown the other man gave.

Author's Note:

By the wayyy, do yall want pictures of how I imagine the characters to be? It'll be updated if anymore relevent characters join the scene (*'・v・)

I realised that uploading every friday was like too long, so I'm uploading every Wednesday and Friday
Yeet yeet hooray