.12

Tick.

Tick.

The indicator in my dad's car kept ticking as we turned into our street to our old house. 

We didn't talk much on the ride home but I knew my dad would have a lot to say once we got home. I was scared of him now knowing what I knew about my past, my dad wasn't really my dad he was in love with a woman, so much that he took her newborn baby from her. 

My dad switched the car off and sighed looking sideways at me, I gave him a half smile and he got out of the car and came around to my side to help me get out of the car. The air was cold and nipped at my bare skin, as my dad lifted me up and out of the car and helped me into the house. I wasn't used to the crutches and my underarms started to hurt almost immediately, I managed to make it to my old bedroom reminiscing the smallness of the room and how cold it was. 

"You okay?" My dads deep voice said from behind me. I let a small nod slip from my head and sat down letting my bad leg rest. It was awkward between my dad and I and I knew what ever he told me I couldn't believe it. 

My dad sat down next to me and placed his big hand on my small shoulder.

"Okay let's talk" 

I swiveled in my spot softly so I could see him properly and waited for him to tell me his truth and what went on. 

"So when I was younger I was in love with Elizabeth and all I wanted was to be with her but my best mate Ben also fancied her and Elizabeth picked him. I was so mad that she picked him over me that I decided to tell her my feelings and hoped that she would see things the way everything was going to be, me and her together forever and we could even make you the way you were supposed to be" My dad told me, straight faced nothing like when Elizabeth had told me her story.

"But you stole me, you didn't make me" I answered back for him, calling him out on the lie i knew  he was going to tell me.

"Yes I stole you I know but only because Ben didn't deserve you, you were mine and your mother was just going to act like nothing had happened. They just moved away and left me behind like I was nothing so I had to teach them a lesson and you were the closest thing to them so I told the nurse that I was your father which I am and don't you ever forget that-" 

"Because you stole me from a hospital when I was only hours old and lied to me my whole life! You told me that my mother left me because she didn't want me which is not true is it?!" I interrupted screaming at him, I would have stood up but my leg was starting to hurt and I was getting exhausted.

"No she didn't want me so she didn't want you" He told me still straight faced, no emotion seen anywhere not even in his eyes.

"No she wanted me she just didn't want you I'm not even your child!!" I yelled my eyes drooping with tiredness but I forced myself to stay awake, I was finishing this conversation and getting the truth out no matter what it cost me.

"Okay, yes you are not my child you belong to Elizabeth and Ben Brown but I took you because well I loved your mother so much and I thought having you with me would let her realise that see loved me but she didn't." Finally a tear slipped from his eye and he stood up wiping his face and started to pace around the room. 

"Okay you need your rest so I'm gonna go unpack and you go and get some rest okay? Make sure to elevate your leg" He said leaving the room leaving the door slightly open. 

I placed my pillow down the end of my bed and placed my cast on it and laid down finally letting sleep take me. I knew what I wanted to do and I was going to act on it straight away.

Word Count: 741.