.3

Cold.

A cold bench was all I felt as I sat down. 

I thought I could slip in unnoticed but of course a fool was made of me for it. As soon as I sat down all attention was bought to me. This is one of the first times I had been in class after the bell had gone and I know it wouldn't go without credit, I looked down trying to flatten out my school shirt and doing up one of the buttons I had missed in my rush to school before I heard a gasp and a snicker behind me. 

"Miss Goody Two Shoes? You aren't late are you?" The girls who thought that torture was the best way to teach me a lesson started to laugh as my cheeks turned bright red. My hair was yanked painfully and I let out a loud yelp but no one looked up as if they heard nothing, I spun around in my chair trying to look as intimidating as I could but was unsuccessful. Anytime I tried to stand up for myself I always got knocked back down usually in the form of a fist to my face.

"N-No I'm not late" I said trying to sound confident but the girls only rolled their eyes and whispered to each other. The leader Suzanne flipped her long blonde hair over her petite shoulders and stood up clearly towering over me. She leaned forward over her desk and motioned with her index finger for me to move closer. I slightly bent forward knowing something bad was coming but I didn't want to cower down in front of her. 

"No one is ever going to care about you so drop the act of being all innocent no one buys it." She spat, my heart broke into tiny pieces almost realising she was right. She laughed in my face and her group of girls next to her joined in with the laughter even if they didn't know what she had said to me. I turned around and slumped in my chair, one, big hot tear fell from my eye and dropped onto my school uniform, I quickly wiped my eyes and took some deep breaths to calm myself down. I couldn't let them see me cry that would only make things worse for me.

I really tried to focus on my school work but nothing could stop me from listening to the girls behind me and the awful things they would say knowing I could hear them and how much it bothered me.

I felt a strong, harsh tap on my shoulder and I jumped slightly at the sudden contact and turned to the left of me and saw a guy with thick round glasses and pimples covering his chin. He holding a green piece of paper, I looked down at it and then back into his eyes confirming that it was for me before taking it from his fingers, I slowly opened it almost scared to see it contents.

Lunchtime. Be there or you'll regret it

S xx

They sent me these notes almost everyday as if it wasn't a surprise anymore.

I went through the rest of my day as if nothing was happening but I knew what was coming only this time, it felt different.

Word Count: 550.