.9

Crash.

A deadly crash.

I don't remember the pain, just the impact. I thought that that would be the end for me but waking up in the hospital made me realise that I was still alive. 

My eyes opened painfully and the white walls were all that I saw. I looked down at my arms and saw multiple wires and tubes poking out of my arms and side of my body. The tubes didn't worry me though, what did was the giant cast covering the whole of my left leg. I tried to lean forward to touch it but my whole upper body was on fire. I groaned and laid back into the uncomfortable bed trying to remember what exactly had happened for me to end up like this.

Flashbacks came to me of seeing Elizabeth, my dad running out and lastly me running out into the road. That was the worst part, no pain came with that memory just feeling numb, especially in my leg. I tried to move my leg slightly but I couldn't, I even had trouble trying to wiggle my toes. 

The door opened loudly and a middle aged woman walked in with a white lab coat on. She smiled at me warmly and I smiled back. 

"I'm not sure if you remember but my name is Dr. Adams and I will be looking after you until you feel better now how are we feeling today Bonnie?" She asked nicely pulling up my chart from the end of my bed checking if everything was okay.

"I feel fine" I lied hoping she would just leave me alone and I could just go home. Dr. Adams just frowned and walked over to me and sat on the edge of my bed

"Now we both know thats a little fib isn't it" She said to me, never once breaking eye contact. My face flushed a deep red in embarrassment knowing that she caught me out.

I nodded and scratched at my shoulder not sure what to say.

"Well everything looks fine but if you are experiencing discomfort just let know and I can put you on some stronger medication." She told me and patted my leg that didn't have the cast on it. 

"I am feeling a little pain in my chest" I told her quietly, her face softened a little and her hands moved to my shoulders and she squeezed them slightly

"Does it hurt there?" She asked and I shook my head no. She kept moving around various parts of my upper body until she found where the pain was, my ribs.

"You have a fractured rib so that is probably why you're in pain, can you rate it on a scale of 1 to 10?" She informed me

"About a 7?" I questioned myself before nodding to confirm how much pain I was feeling. 

"Okay, I'll get some more medicine for you, I don't want you in any pain. How does your leg feel?" She asked me 

"I don't feel it, it is numb" I told her, trying once again to wiggle my toes but I couldn't. 

"Okay that's fine, I'll be right back" Dr. Adams told me squeezing my shoulder once more before getting up and leaving the room. 

I just let my head rest back on the hard and lumpy pillow trying to relax but I found it impossible. I just wanted to get up and move, I wanted to see my dad and get the truth from him but I knew that wasn't going to happen. I looked around and saw the button I could press if I needed the nurse, I thought about what I could possibly need from a nurse and found nothing. I pressed the button anyway and a couple of seconds later a young male nurse in greenish blue scrubs came in with a bright smile on his face.

"Hey there what can I do for you?" He asked as if he really wanted to take care of me.

"Um.. Is my dad here?" I asked him not making full eye contact with him. 

"I'm not sure but I can go check, do you know his first name?"

"Harry" I told him, not really wanting him to leave just yet. The nurse just nodded and turned around leaving the room without another word. 

My dad came in a few minutes later, his eyes a blood shot red and all puffy, the clothes he wore the last time I saw him now extremely crinkled. He ran at me and wrapped his big arms around my tiny body, I squealed in pain and he immediately let go of me and placed a quick kiss to my forehead.

"Thank goodness you are alright" He said sitting down in the chair next to the bed I was laying in, I was determined to get the answers I needed and I was taking no for an hour.

"Dad, we need to talk about Elizabeth" I said seriously

"No we don't, are you hungry or thirsty i'll go get you some food anyway" He said trying to change the subject

"Dad I am fine. We need to talk right now" I sternly commanded, I surprised myself with how strong I sounded but I liked and from now on I was going to keep being strong.

"Okay, let's talk" He said and took my hand in his.

Word Count: 889.