.4

Clang.

Three loud clangs went off throughout the school telling everyone that lunch was now in session

As soon as the bell chimed for lunch I knew what was happening, I took my usual route to the cafeteria but instead of entering though the giant wooden doors I kept walking down the hall and made my way to the exit to the yard where everyone was waiting for me. 

"Glad to see you turned up" Suzanne said cracking her knuckles as if she had been waiting for this day her whole life. 

"Well they are serving hotdogs in the cafeteria today so I wanted to get this over with" I said loudly finally finding some confidence, I crossed my pale arms over my chest and looked around at my surroundings.

The grass which I was quite sure used to be a very rich green was now brown, dying and had weeds growing instead of proper plants, the teachers sometimes talk about how the students did the gardening for extra credit but everyone could tell that it didn't last very long. 

I felt a sharp pain on my forehead, I focused back onto the group of girls in front of me to see one of Suzanne's many minion copy cats named Jules with her hand slightly raised and an annoyed look on her round face which made me realise that I had gotten flicked on the forehead. 

"Geez BonBon you're more of an airhead then we thought" Suzanne laughed taking a step closer to me, I stood my ground finding confidence from somewhere and prepared for what was coming.

Suzanne raised her arm slightly and I closed my eyes as usual and just let the blow come. 

Nothing came, I opened my right eye slowly to see Suzanne still in her pose with a smirk on her glossy lips, she giggled slightly before swinging her left arm around letting her fist come into contact with my right eye. 

Pain flooded through my head and a slight headache came my way but before I could get use to the pain I was thrown to the floor feeling the prickly grass push into my back and my head slammed onto the floor, it seemed to all happen in slow motion. 

My stomach was pushed in roughly as Suzanne planted herself on top of me making sure to put all of her weight on me. Her fists moved fast as she got to work making sure my face would be beaten and covered in bruises. The girls all around us cheered her on and yelled hateful comments on me. 

"Stop!" Suzanne yelled motioning for all the girls to quieten, She stood up and finished off her job with one quick kick to my stomach.

"Let that be a lesson to you Jolts" She said calling me by my last name as if that had any affect on me. She spat right next to my head and I felt the warmth on the side of my ear. I didn't move I knew well enough if I stood up or move I would get another kick. 

Suzanne flicked her hair over her shoulders and blew on her now red knuckles. "Come on girls lets go get some of those hotdogs" 

I laid still unsure if I would ever be able to move again, blood trickled down from my nose and across the side of my face dropping onto the dead grass. 

"Oh my goodness are you okay?" I heard a woman shout from across the yard. I flailed my arm around slightly as a sign of life hoping she would just leave but before I knew it the yard gate was opened and the sun was now blocked with the figure of a young woman with curly brown hair.

My vision was blurry but I could get a good glimpse of her face to know that I had seen this lady before but was unsure of where. 

"Oh my dear it's okay. Can you speak? What's your name beautiful?" She asked, her voice as soft as silk and full of love and care

My throat croaked as I tried to talk and shot sharp pains to my jaw as a spoke out my name

"B-Bonnie" I managed to get out, she smiled at me, her eyes seemed to be full of tears.

"Okay Bonnie, lets get you out of here darling" She cried and hugged me, her hands wrapped around my waist and she lifted me up so I could stand. My legs were weak and shook with every step I took and I lent on the nice lady for most of the walk outside of the school. 

"It's okay baby I got you back" She spoke softly, I was confused as to what she meant but I didn't get to as any questions as I slipped slowly into unconsciousness.  

Word Count: 817.