.8

Wind.

A cold, sharp wind pushed past the space between me and the woman who abandoned me while I was just an infant.

"How did you find us?" I asked taking a few steps back as she came closer.

"I knew who you called your dad would try to take you away from me again so I made sure to stay close, I'm not letting you out of my sight again." She smiled, I wasn't sure how to believe I mean looking up at this woman I sort of had to believe it. She looked just like me just older. 

"Bonnie baby you do believe me right?" She asked taking a few more steps towards me. I did a half nod but still stepped back from her incase she tried something. 

"Your name is Elizabeth?" I asked her and this time it was her who did a half nod.

"I should get back to my dad" I said loudly, it was hard to hear with all the noise from the cars on the road. 

"That is not your father" Elizabeth said getting angry which only made me confused

"What do you mean? Of course he is! He loved you and me! And all you did was leave us!" I screamed at her, tears spilling even more heavily then before. I roughly wiped them away with the back of my hand. 

"Sweetie what are you talking about? I never left you, you were taken from me!" She exclaimed trying to get closer to me but the closer she got the angrier I became

"YOU LIAR!" I screamed and took my final step. 

I didn't mean to scream but I was just getting angrier and angrier at the thought of her lying to me especially when we have just reconnected. I pulled my dads jacket around me some more and I realised I should probably go back inside before my dad woke up and saw that I was gone.

I heard shouts and screams from behind Elizabeth and I looked past her to see my dad racing down the stairs from our room shouting multiple profanities at Elizabeth, mostly telling her to get away from me. His face was all red and he looked like a mad man chasing after us, Elizabeth looked at me her eyes filled with terror and she mouthed the word 'RUN' to me and she turned around ready to take the blow from my dad. 

Seeing my dad like that scared me and I turned around to run away, frightened of what would happen once my dad reached me. My left shoe slipped off my foot and I reached down to pick it back up when I heard a large and deep horn came from the side of me. I just turned my head to see the giant lights headed my way.

Then came the impact, and that was horrible.

Word Count: 463.