.2

Water.

Boiling Hot Water.

I stood in the shower letting the water burn me slightly. The water rushed through the roots of my hair and down my face blinding me slightly. I looked down at my feet hating how they looked, too big for how little my legs were. My knees wobbled slightly as I bent down to pick up a cheap bottle of body wash, I had to shake the bottle a few times to even get the tiniest bit out but we always managed to get by. 

The cold air hit me like a ton of bricks as I stepped out of the shower, slipping slightly on the now wet floor and I walked along to the bathroom counter wiping the mirror clean and stared at my reflection. 

Blue eyes, messy brown hair, freckles and a chin that sticks out slightly. I hated the way I looked, my dad tells me I'm pretty all the time but it's impossible to believe you're beautiful if you don't believe it yourself. 

My dad tells me I look like him and nothing like my mother. I don't know what she looks like she ran away when I was born, embarrassed by how I looked and couldn't deal with the stress of having a baby. 

I pulled on my school clothes and brushed the knots and tied it up into a neat ballerina bun letting a few pieces on the side fly free and wrapped a pretty purple bow around it. I made sure I had everything I needed for school and tied my shoelaces and locked the door behind me embracing the cold weather hoping I would warm up on the walk to school. 

The wind was strong and my brown hair kept flying out in front of my face. I finally gave up and let it fly and I focused on the ground, the familiar path way that I followed everyday to school. Noticing new cracks in the ground and the same ones I always saw. 

A car horn honked loudly and I jumped at the sudden sound. I looked up and saw a middle aged women in her car, her plucked eyebrows raised at me and her hand raised over the wheel, she quickly motioned her hand to the right slightly and I put my own hand up as if to thank her and darted across the road. 

I was always frightened to go to school, girls acted as if it was okay to move on from multiple guys in one day and thought that their words affected me in the way they wanted them too. I stopped right next to the school gates and bent down slightly to re-tie my shoelaces, my black sneakers now worn through at the soles and had tiny holes where my toes rest, they were a bit tight but I kept quiet about them not wanting to upset my father. 

I looked up and saw the giant black gates that held me captive for 6 hours and then I was free, free to be myself right up until my father came home and then I acted as a slave to him, a bother. 

3 loud chimes went off, notifying the whole area that the day had begun. I cursed silently and ran through the gates and into one of the halls not wanting to get caught by any other students. I come to a big wooden door of where my first classroom for the day was, I opened it quietly and sat down hoping to not catch the attention of anyone in my class, no one usually notices me so I wasn't bothered, my teacher wasn't in the class yet so I sat down letting out a deep breath I hadn't even realised I was holding, thinking I was in the clear. 

Word Count: 642.