Lincoln x Monique

A relationship in secrecy was never what Monique had planned to do. However, knowing that Lincoln was a Grounder and their people were now enemies, kept her quiet because she would never want to put the man she cared so much for into any danger.

As the young woman approached her lover's den, she checked her surroundings, making sure she wasn't followed before entering. Lincoln looked up from his sketch book, noticing Monique and immediately masking his face with a smile. He stands up and meets her, bringing her face in for a sweet kiss.

Once separated, Monique sighed. "I hate this, having to be kept in the shadows." she admits, "I miss you most of the time when I'm away. I just wish our people were more understanding."

He takes her small hands in his large ones, running his thumb over the smooth surface of her palm. "I know, love. But we can't risk it. I'd never want you to get harmed because of my foolish actions."

Monique releases his hands, moving her arms around his torso to bring the man in for a tight embrace. Lincoln had never experienced so much affection before meeting Monique. She was like an angel, falling from the sky one day, and becoming his lover another. She showed him kindness and he showed her strength, barreling up a wall only for her to knock it down with sweet words and a pure heart.

"However long we have to keep this up, you're worth the wait. I'll be with you till the end of my days." Lincoln proposes, causing Monique to look up at him shocked. He placed two fingers beneath her chin, staring deep into her green eyes, "I love you, Monique. Forever."

     She smiles to the man, knowing their future together would be the best as long as their love for each other grew along with it. "I love you, too, Lincoln. I will, forever."

     Within years, peace would come among them and Monique and Lincoln would live together, no longer in secrecy. They set an example to their people and showed the true meaning to live a loving and peaceful life.