Chapter 28

You woke up at 6 am. The nerves and excitement of what you had in store later got the better of you and you couldn't get back to sleep. You rolled over to face your soon-to-be husband, he was peacefully asleep with his arms holding you close to his chest. You didn't want to have to lie in bed waiting for him to wake up but equally, he looked adorable in his sleep and you didn't want to wake him. After five minutes of waiting, you got bored again and decided to shake him awake. You tried many attempts however he was still in a deep slumber. An idea for another method hit you and you took action. You lightly brushed his slightly parted lips with yours, you gradually began giving him small kisses. As you continued to apply more force with each kiss, his ocean eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning gorgeous." He smiled in his sexy, husky morning voice. "I wouldn't mind early mornings if I was woken up like that every day." He said, playing with the ends of your hair.

"I'm sorry it's so early, I just can't go back to sleep."

"Don't apologise." He lightly pecked your lips. "I can't believe that it's only six more hours until you become my wife."

"I know. I'm so excited." You agreed. Your cheeks were beginning to ache from smiling so much.

You continued to conversate with your fiancé as you lay comfortably in his arms. There was a sudden smell of bacon that lured you out of bed. Dick and you walked to the kitchen to find Alfred cooking breakfast.

"Good morning Master Dick, Miss (Y/N)." He greeted as he plated up some food for you.

"Morning Alfred, breakfast looks delicious!"

"I'll make some coffee, who wants some?" Dick offered.

"I'm drinking tea," You responded filling the kettle, "Alfred, do you want a tea?"

"If you would be so kind Miss (Y/N)."

As the three of you pottered about the kitchen, there was a sudden gush of air.

"I smell food!" Wally exclaimed, taking a piece of bacon and quickly devouring it. He was then gone, as quickly as he appeared.

You sat in the conservatory with Dick and watched the workers that were already in the gardens trimming each hedge to perfection.

"I can't believe Bruce called people to come in this early, it's not even 7 o'clock. Its borderline abuse." You commented pitifully.

"Don't worry (Y/N), they are getting paid a very hefty sum for their troubles."

"Well, the gardens are beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you," your husband-to-be smiled at you.

You rolled your eyes, blushing. "Can I put the termination of your cheesiness in the prenup?"

"Nope, it's too late you're stuck with it." He gave you a quick peck on the lips.

"I should go. You know its bad luck for the groom to see his bride on their wedding day." And with that, you headed upstairs to prepare yourself for one of the most important days of your life. 

An hour had passed and you had taken an extra-long hot shower. Bruce had generously paid for a professional makeup artist and hairdresser, for you and your bridesmaids: (B/F/N) and Barbara.

It was 12:30, you and your girls were all ready for the ceremony waiting in your bedroom for 13:00, each with a glass of champagne in hand. 

"(Y/N), I can't believe you're going to be married in half an hour!", (B/F/N) exclaimed.

"I'll toast to that!", Barbara said as she raised her glass, followed by you and (B/F/N).

It felt like just seconds had passed before you were stood with your arm linked to your father's, ready for him to give you away to Dick Grayson. 

"I wish your mother could be here to see this," he said, with tears brimming at his eyes. 

"Me too."

The grand doors opened, exposing you to fifty faces, all turned to look at you and the melodic sound of the string quartet. The experience of walking down the aisle was overwhelming. You centred all of your attention on the back of Dick's head, as he faced the officiant. His raven hair was slicked back perfectly, his suit of a matching colour fitted just tight enough for his broad shoulders and tense biceps to give you butterflies. 

You reached the end of the aisle to turn to your teary-eyed father, 

"I'm so proud of you," he whispered as he kissed you on the cheek. He reluctantly unlinked his arm with yours, and you turned to face your soon-to-be husband. 

You looked up, to be met with his glimmering aquamarine eyes, the mixture of tears and excitement made them shine more than ever. 

"You look beautiful," he whispered quiet enough for only you to hear. 

"Friends and Family of (Y/N) and Richard, welcome and thank you for being here on this important day..." the officiant started his speech, but you couldn't concentrate on his words when facing the most beautiful man you'd ever had the pleasure of meeting. 

"As an expression that you are joining hearts and lives, please join hands while facing each other, to recite your vows." 

You were broken out of you trace and Dick took your hands, he must have noticed your shaking as he reassuringly stroked his thumbs along the back of your hands.

"Do you, Richard take (Y/N) to be your lawfully wedded wife, to cherish in love and in friendship, in strength and in weakness, in success and in disappointment, to love her faithfully, today, tomorrow, and for as long as the two of you shall live?"

The smile he gave you before he spoke gave you butterflies, you had fallen in love with this man all over again. 

"I do."

"Do you, (Y/N) take Richard to be your lawfully wedded husband, to cherish in love and in friendship, in strength and in weakness, in success and in disappointment, to love her faithfully, today, tomorrow, and for as long as the two of you shall live?"

"I do." As you spoke you could taste the salty tears that had run down your cheeks.

"Richard, please place this ring on (Y/N)'s finger and repeat after me: With this ring, I pledge my love and life to you."

Dick lifted your hand as it held on so tightly to his. 

"With this ring, I pledge my love and life to you." As he placed the ring on your finger, you realised the familiarity of the jewel. It was your mother's.

"(Y/N), while placing the ring on Richard's finger, if you will also repeat these words after me: With this ring, I pledge my love and life to you."

You spoke, with as strong a voice as you could, "With this ring, I pledge my love and life to you." You slid the golden band onto his finger, without letting go of his hand.

"Now, if anyone here has a reason why these two should not be married, speak now or forever hold your peace."

You turned to the crowd, for the first time since arriving at the altar. Your father, (Y/S/N) and (Y/B/F/N) sat in the front row opposite to where you were stood. Bruce, Alfred and Tim sat on the row to the other side of the aisle. Everyone was glassy eyed and staring up at you, even Bruce had teary, bloodshot eyes. 

Suddenly there was a crash, coming from the end of the aisle. Everyone turned back to look. 

"Yeah, I got something to say. Where the fuck was my invite?"