Chapter 23

When your eyes finally fluttered open, you were surprised to see the clock showing you that midday had passed. Dick was still fast asleep beside you with an iron grip around your torso. You carefully prised his arms off of you and crept into the living room to check on Tim. A small wave of relief washed over you when you saw he too was safe and sound asleep.

Although you had slept in, you were still tired so you made some cups of coffee. Tim stirred in his sleep and it wasn't long before he was awake and downing masses of the drink. He was pouring his fourth cup when you decided to intervene,

"I think you've had enough caffeine to last you the year."

"I'm tired." He stated glumly.

"Don't you go feeling sorry for yourself, your shenanigans were what kept us all up so long this morning. How about we go get some fresh air?" What you said was not a question, you had already handed him his black hoodie to wear.

You left the apartment with a note for Dick saying that neither of you had been kidnapped and you won't be long. There was a slight drizzle of rain as you walked down the grey streets of Blüdhaven.

"Where are we going?" Tim asked.

"Are you hungry?"

He nodded eagerly.

"If you could have anything to eat right now, what would it be?"

There was a moment of silence while he planned his answer. "Lots of fries. And a milkshake to wash them all down with."

"Okay," you chuckled.

You rounded the corner and stood on the corner of the next block was a significant piece of the history you shared with Dick. You opened the door and the smell of the diner gave you an instant sense of nostalgia. The only thing that had changed in this place in the last five years was the unfamiliar faces of the employees.

Tim sat next to you at the counter and ordered a large portion of his desired fries a Nutella and cookie dough milkshake to accompany them. You ordered yourself some waffles and another portion to take away. Dick would have probably whacked you over the back of your head with an escrima stick if he found out you came here without bring back something for him.

Your orders arrived shortly and you both hungrily dug in to the food. You watched Tim as he dunked handfuls of fries into his milkshake and swallowed them after only a couple of chews.

You couldn't help giving out a small giggle at the familiar sight.

"What's so funny?" Tim raised and inquisitive eyebrow.

"The first time I met Dick he was sitting on the stool where you are now. And he ordered exactly this," you gestured to the boy's food.

"How did you work out Dick's alter ego?" He asked nonchalantly.

"I met Nightwing before I met Dick. After the first time I saw him, our paths crossed quite a few times and, coincidentally, Officer Dick Grayson turned up here late one night. So, Dick and I started talking and then that led on to dating and a sudden uprise in special treatment from Nightwing. I started to suspect they were the same person but it wasn't until Nightwing turned up at my apartment on his death bed when I took off his mask and confirmed my suspicions." You explained.

"Do you think I will get a chance to be a Robin?" He questioned quietly without looking up from his food.

You glanced around checking no one could hear the conversion between the two of you. "Like Dick said, you can't just try out to be a Robin and hope to get the role. It's dangerous, especially for someone your age, you know what happened to the last Robin and what it has turned Batman into." You saw the disappointment in his blue eyes so you quickly added, "We can discuss it further with Dick. I'll ask if he can speak with Bruce?"

Last Hope | ↠Dick Grayson/Nightwing X Reader↞ |जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें