Prologue

The sun was slowly beginning to rise over the city, clearly outlining the tall buildings along the horizon. During the early hours there was minimal traffic on the roads the only sounds the infrequent passing of a train, the chirps of nearby birds and the occasional gunshot, scream, cry for help. There had been a rather rapid uprise in criminal activity in the past year, dead bodies washing up on the river bank, the corruption of the police force, the sound of bullets being fired at 600 rounds a minute just as the city begins to fall asleep. The people have stopped going out into the streets when the daylight had disappeared, now double checking all their windows and doors are shut and locked securely before calling it a day. People were afraid, yet too proud to admit their own home town was slowly turning into the uglier sister of a city, Gotham. Home to some of the most dangerous criminals on the planet, it made this city look like the making of a dream, and Gotham, a nightmare. Despite its flaws, it had its guardian angels, the people who contained the madmen, stopped them from spreading their activity around the rest of the world. Some might argue Gotham's protectors are mad themselves, jumping right into the centre of the crossfire, the Dynamic Duo are what has kept that city from crumbling to the ground. The two caped crusaders, Batman and Robin are what the city needs, to do the things the Gotham City Police Department simply cannot handle on their own. Maybe this city is Gotham, just a Gotham without a protector, a Gotham without the hope of being saved. However this is your city.

This is Blüdhaven.