Chapter 10

You woke up the next morning, and the first thing you did was check your phone, as you hadn't received a reply the earlier night. But to your disappointment there was no notifications to been seen across your lock screen. You decided you might as well start the day instead of going back to sleep. As you were walking towards the lounge, to your surprise you could hear the speaking from the TV. Your footsteps softened and became slower as you approached the door, imagined the worst possible outcome of some paranormal activity. 

You slowly creaked open the door and edged your way further into the room. There was a sudden rustling sound coming from the sofa, just as you got closer to the source of this mysterious noise you found what you were dealing with.

It was a Dick Grayson sprawled out across the whole sofa eating his way through the last box of your favourite cereal.

A quick wave of relief washed over you as you went to sit next to him. "Nice of you to drop in." You said snatching the box of cereal out of his hands and finding the only remains to be dust at the bottom of the box. You didn't even have any words to describe how you were feeling so you gave the man the deadliest glare your face could make.

"What? I was hungry!" He swiped the box back and poured what was left into his mouth.

"You owe me a box of cereal Grayson." You said, trying your hardest to keep a stern face. He mocked a sad face at you and you couldn't help but smile at his foolishness. You picked up the nearby cushion and threw it at his face.

"Hey! I'm sorry, whatever could I do to make up for such a sin?" He sighed dramatically.

You giggled and found yourself leaning in closer to him, your eyes looking back and forth between his lips and his blue orbs. A smirk had formed on the face of the man beneath you, that was when you realised he had probably been expecting what was about to happen, and for that reason you decided to deny him the satisfaction.

"You really want to make it up to me?" You whispered, with your faces just inches apart.

"Mmm-hmm" he hummed in reply and tucked a loose strand of hair behind your ear. Making it even harder for you to pull away from the temptation.

"Well then, you can start by telling me where you've been for the past ten days." You said and jolted up from you position, leaving your boyfriend with a disappointed look on his face.

"It was a family emergency back in Gotham. I got back here as quick as I could, believe me." He sighed.

"Not to come across as being insensitive here, but aren't your family dead?" You asked in the most polite way possible, hoping not to hit on his one insecurity.

"That is correct, but this was my other family, my adoptive family."

"Go on."

"It's a long, uninteresting story, it doesn't matter now. You want pancakes?"

"Nuh-uh, don't try changing the subject now. You haven't told me anything about your family, I'm not doing anything all day so you've got plenty of time to explain." You said, sitting him back down on the sofa and resting your feet on his lap as a sign to show he wasn't allowed to go anywhere.

"Alright, fine. What do you want to know?"

"Just start from the beginning."

"Ok, so after my parents' death, I was taken down to the police station and I was talking to the commissioner about what I saw etc, Bruce Wayne walked in and basically told me he would be adopting me, so that's what happened."

"So Bruce Wayne, the multi-billionaire, is basically your Dad?!"

"That's a word for it." You heard him mumble under his breath.