Chapter 24

"Okay, I've hacked into the surveillance on the building. There are only two armed men at the entrance and two more on the inside with Dent. Do you think you can handle them, Tim?" You asked.

"I know I can."

Tim soon appeared on your screen and swiftly took out the two guards at the entrance. 

"Be careful when you go inside, the only working camera is the one in the room where Batman and Nightwing are being held, I can't tell if there will be any more on your way."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna be fine. I can already hear Dent." He whispered. 

There was a long moment of silence. You wiped away the beads of sweat that were forming on your forehead. You were the most afraid of them all, you dreaded what the consequences would be if this didn't work out perfectly.

You were interrupted from your spiralling when you saw Tim creep into the main room behind Two-Face and his thugs. He quickly began to fight the thugs, expertly dodging Two-Face's bullets in the meantime. Batman stared in shock and Nightwing's bowed head looked up with a small smirk on his bleeding lips. 

He eventually managed to take out the villains, however not as seamlessly as he had done beforehand. He was so worn out that you had to remind him that Batman and Nightwing were still tied up. Once the ropes had been cut, the men received their utility belts from where Two-Face had been holding them captive. 

They tied up Two-Face and his thugs and you called the GCPD. Before leaving, you saw Batman place a hand on Tim's shoulder, you couldn't hear what was said but the surveillance showed Tim wearing a wide smile as they made their way back.

The three shortly arrived and Alfred quickly tended to Bruce's wounds.

"(Y/N), are you responsible for what happened with Tim?" He asked sternly.

"Yes." You replied with confidence.

"Good call."

"Thank you." You said calmly, as you did a mental victory dance as a huge weight had been lifted off your shoulders.

You left Bruce to talk with Tim as you helped Dick with his injuries in the medical bay. 

"How does it feel?" You asked.

His bare torso displayed an array of newly formed purple bruises and dried blood. 

"It looks worse than it feels." He flashed a grin with his blood-stained lips.

"Hmm, I'm sure." You said, unconvinced, as you cleaned and glued his injury.

Tim came rushing towards you, "Bruce just said there might be a chance that I could have the potential to be a Robin! He's going to train me to see if I can ever go back out in the field again." 

"That's great Tim," You smiled giving him a hug. "Now go catch up on some well-earned rest!"

He obliged and it wasn't long before you too had fallen into a deep sleep.

The next eight months had flown by, you had just gotten yourself promoted to branch manager at the Blüdhaven Wayne Tech and Tim had recently taken to the streets of Gotham as the third Robin. He would come to visit you every few weeks for waffles and advice from Dick on how to gain Bruce's trust, you soon began to see him as a younger brother. 

"Franklin Accardo," Dick announced into your earpiece. "Single bullet to the head, most likely sniped from a nearby rooftop, it's the same M.O. as the others. Cross-reference him with the other victims. There has to be something that links them."