Chapter 111: Used

Start from the beginning

Isa used her blood limbs to move in front and block Lisa from leaving. "What is behind that iron door will get your daughter back!"

"Then. What. IS IT?!" Lisa yelled; letting that lingering anger PAMA infected her with blend with her voice.

"I can't tell you! Look, just-!" Isa's pleads were cut off when Lisa shoved pass her and made her way to the wooden door. "...Every mother has a primal instinct to protect her children, and if you are this great mom you claim to be, then you should go after that door!"

CRACK-!

Lisa kicked the wooden door into splinters, revealing the outside world near the Far Lands. "I don't want anything to do with that door!" Lisa stepped outside, and gave the blood mage one final glare. "Whatever is behind that door, is nothing more than a waste my time, completely worthless, and so pathetically insignificant that it would just be one of Jess' cruel torments!"

"Worthless and insignificant?" Isa repeated the harsh words as Lisa walked deeper into the Twilight Forest, making her way to the Old Builder she and her husband's friends sought out.

Isa turned around to pity the iron door at the far end of the obsidian hallway, hearing the faint crying of an 8 year-old girl.

---------

Luke groaned before opening his eyes, blinking as the brightness of the surrounding snow hurt his eyes. Dried blood clung to his shivering body as he turned around and around, trying to find anything distinct to show where he is.

He turned around; there is a massive crater, with thousands of monoliths frozen in place, not falling or making any attempt to destroy.

He turned around again; there is nothing but snow. Not a single landmark for referencing his position. The temperature dropping had only made everything worse.

He shivered as he turned back; he looked up at the hole in the sky. The clouds and large bits of matter are being sucked in, broken down to repair it as it slowly shrinks.

In shock, he turned to run away to be greeted by a single red eye horror, belonging to a being with an exoskeleton of metal: The Lost.

"Y-You...!" Luke stuttered before moving back. PAMA lunged forward, and grabbed the poor boy by the neck before he fell into the crater.

"Even when trying to get away, you meatbags somehow get yourselves killed..." PAMA said with annoyance, tightening its grip on Luke before throwing him away from the massive crater caused by Veritas, and into the hard snow. "It's like you meatbags crave death... and would be more than happy to help!"

"What do want from me?" Luke stuttered, shivering from the cold. Tense and alert as his eyes darted around to frantically look at his surroundings. Looking back at The Lost PAMA is possessing, crawling away in fear. "I don't have anything on me; I have nothing to give!"

"Being alive is what I see," PAMA said. "And that alone is a good enough reason to let you die. I could let you run, but you'll freeze to death- you won't feel the pain because your nerves would be frozen from the cold!"

At that moment, a red portal appeared behind Luke. Instinct of fear and survival took in and he ran through it. PAMA didn't have to wait long until the boy ran back out, screaming and covered in cuts and bruises while Cassie walked out in her White Pumpkin disguise, as Isa used her artificial limbs of blood to follow.

Luke didn't see PAMA's palm collide with his terrified face, grabbing his head before harshly throwing him back onto the cold ground. "You are late." PAMA stated, pointing to the monoliths and dried blood in the crater. "Limbo's energy won't linger around for long, and we need every source of power we can get for this to work."