Accidentally in Love {Chapter 9}

* * *

“Okay I’ll admit it, this is some of the best vanilla i’ve ever tasted.” Niall confessed.  They’d left the store after Niall insisted on paying.  She’d thanked him, he put a few dollars in the tip jar, and they’d decided to take the ice cream to go.  Niall wanted to see more of the city.  He’d only gone sightseeing for one day and there was so much to see.  They were now headed towards the famous Rockefeller Center.  With all the driving they’d done from interview to interview, he was surprised they hadn’t passed the famous Christmas tree yet.

“I knew it!” she bragged.  “I told you!”  Niall gave a light laugh.  He could see her breath; it was getting even colder and he didn’t want her to get sick.  The tip of her nose was red and her cheeks were red from the wind.  

“You look cold.”  Niall said with concern in his voice.  “I don’t want you to get sick out here!  What kind of first date would that be?”  he joked.  Marygrace felt herself smile at the mention of the word “date.”  He’d finally said it; it was official.  They were dating.  She looked up at him and smiled.  His beautiful blue eyes gleamed down at her.

“I’m chilly, but I’m sure I’ll be fine.” she said with a wave of her hand.  “I forgot my hat at home.” she trailed off.  As soon as Marygrace had said she was chilly, Niall’s hand had moved to the rim of his beanie.  He took it off from his head and ruffled his hair a bit before handing it to her.

“Here,” he said gesturing for her to take the hat.  He smiled at her.  She removed her hands from her pockets and took it from him.  She then put it on, adjusting it to flatter her long blonde hair.

“Are you sure?” she said.  “I don’t want you to get sick now, you have to sing!  What if someone recognizes you now?”  Although Marygrace was concerned about him, she couldn’t wipe the smile from her face all night.  He’d been such a gentleman to her and he made her laugh.  He was perfect.

“Don’t worry about me; I’m fine!”  Niall said.  He adjusted his sweatshirt so that he could pull the hood out of it.  He adjusted the hood on his head and looked back at her.  “See?  Now no one will recognize me!” he said, laughing a little.  She laughed with him.  

“Fine.  How do I look?” she asked, smiling.  

Niall looked her right in the eye.  “Perfect.” he said and he meant it.

* * *