Accidentally in Love {Chapter 18}

Author's Note: Dedicated to @MikaPika for being awesome, talking to me on chat, and commenting on every single chapter :)  Hi five to you xx

Hope y'all enjoy this chapter!

* * *

Niall looked out the window at the tourists and residents of the city.  Some rushed to get places while others walked slowly, taking their time to appreciate the sights and sounds of the largely populated and famous city.  The boys were actually pretty quiet in the car for a change.  They were talking a lot at first, but at this point, they’d been stuck in traffic for at least an hour.  The minivan was barely inching toward the venue.  Zayn had fallen asleep somewhere along the way and so did Harry.  Louis, Liam, and Niall were just sitting in a comfortable silence.  

Niall looked over at Harry’s rolex watch, it was already 2:30.  He knew that they weren’t even close to the venue so he used the time to look through all the notifications on his phone.  He had over 200 unread Direct Messages on twitter and began responding to a few.  He decided to tweet and typed out Traffic in NYC is absolutely mental!  Guess it’s a good time for a quick #askniall!  As soon as he hit send, Niall’s mentions were flooded with questions from fans.  He answered about ten questions before signing off of twitter.  He texted MaryGrace instead.  Hey babe! Traffic is mental.  Let me know when you reach the venue, alright?  He sent the message and rested his head on his shoulder.  No matter how long the band had stayed in a foreign country, the boys always had jet lag.  Niall nodded off for twenty minutes before waking up again.  

The boys were all awake and talking again when Niall woke up.  They arrived at the venue within the next five minutes.  

“God I’m glad that’s over!” Louis said when he got out of the vehicle.  Harry stepped out of the car and quickly restyled his hair which had become messy during the car ride.  Niall grabbed his Nike bag which contained his change of clothes for after the show and the hat he had bought for MaryGrace.  Liam and Zayn got out of the car last.  Zayn’s headphones were still plugged in.

“That was definitely a long ride,” Liam said stretching out his arms.  The boys entered the venue through the stage door, avoiding the fans who were lined up for last minute tickets.  They passed through the theater’s seating area on their way backstage.  Olly Murs, their opening act was rehearsing on the stage.  The boys pulled a few funny faces to distract Olly and they were successful.  Olly started laughing in the middle of his song and couldn’t even finish the last verse.

When they got backstage, there were five boxes of fresh pizza waiting for them.  It was a good pick-me-up after the exhausting car ride.  The boys, their band, their security, and their stylists all piled backstage for lunch.  

“This is some good pizza,” Niall said with cheese hanging out of his mouth.  Louis nodded in agreement, but didn’t speak with all the pizza in his mouth.  When Olly was finished rehearsing, he joined them backstage to eat.  Harry held up the slice of pizza and took a bite with his eyes closed and tongue out, the strange way he always ate.  Zayn laughed after watching Harry eat the pizza.  As a group, they were able to finish off all five of the pies in record time.  

Lou Teasdale, the boys’ stylist and hairdresser waltzed into the room along with their other stylist Caroline Watson.  

“If anyone needs a haircut today, we have a bit of time before the Meet and Greet,” Lou offered.  The boys hadn’t had haircuts in about a month so naturally they all stepped forward to follow Lou to the dressing rooms.  Harry played with baby Lux during the boys’ haircuts until it was his turn.  Niall and Louis were only in need of a small trim, but Harry and Zayn’s haircuts took a lot longer.  Lou had cut Niall’s hair so that more of his dark roots showed through the blonde.  They didn’t have enough time to dye it at the moment and Lou thought they’d try something different.  His hair almost looked how it did during the X Factor days. Harry’s mop of curls was slightly reduced to a smaller size, but Lou took a long time making sure that each curl laid right.  When it was Zayn’s turn for a haircut, Lou made sure to take a few inches off his quiff.  It had been getting really tall lately.  When his haircut was finished, Niall looked over at the clock on the wall.  It read 4:15.  Niall had lost track of time and quickly pulled out his Blackberry to check for text messages from MaryGrace.  He felt bad for forgetting about the time.  The phone said he had one missed call, a voicemail, and two text messages.  He checked the text messages first.  Almost There!  Walking from the train right now, text you in a few xx MG  The text was from 3:47.  Niall flipped to the next one.  The timestamp read 4:02.  Me and Jessie (my guest ;) are in!  We came in through the lobby, so where do I go now?  Niall frantically flipped to his missed calls.  The call had only come in about 5 minutes earlier so he calmed down a bit.

Niall turned around to look for Liam, but he was getting his hair cut.  Harry was the only other person left in the room and was just sitting on the couch fiddling with his iPhone.  Louis had gone with Jon and Paul to get Starbucks and Zayn was MIA.  Niall walked over to Harry and tapped him on the shoulder.

“MaryGrace is in the lobby, will you come with me to go meet her?” Niall asked with a smile.  Harry looked up from Instagram with a confused face.  He went over Niall’s words in his head trying to figure out what he had meant.  That’s when he remembered.

“Oh!  You’re date?  Sure,”  Harry said at his usual slow pace.  He got up from the sofa and walked out the door and through the tunnel with Niall until they reached the ornately decorated lobby.  Niall’s eyes searched the large space looking for MaryGrace.  He finally spotted the beautiful blonde leaning up against a wall talking to a girl with curly brown hair.  He couldn’t see her face, but he knew for sure that it was her.  Niall nudged Harry, who quickly snapped back to attention when he saw the girls standing next to each other.  His eyes wandered towards the brunette, while Niall’s were stuck on the blonde.  They both walked forward and stood behind the girls.  Niall decided to surprise MaryGrace by covering her eyes from behind.

“Guess Who!” he exclaimed playfully.  MaryGrace giggled and turned around to face him.  Her eyes lit up with joy at the sight of Niall.  He thought that she looked even more stunning then she had the day before.  She wore a creme colored baggy boatneck sweater tucked into a nude colored silky A-line flounce skirt.  The outfit was extremely flattering and looked perfect with MaryGrace’s polished nude pumps and gold stud earrings.  She wore laced nude tights to keep warm and add to the overall look.  A necklace with “floating” topaz rhinestones sat around her neck.  Her hair had been styled so that it fell to the left side of her face in a messy chignon.  Her eyes were highlighted with brown eyeliner and a light gold shimmering eye shadow to bring out the gold flecks her green eyes.  Two gold rhinestone bobby pins were placed in the front to add some sparkle.  MaryGrace enveloped Niall in a warm hug and he smiled.

“I missed you,” she whispered so that only he could hear.  MaryGrace’s head was still resting on his shoulder because they were still wrapped up in each other.  

“I missed you, too babe.” Niall whispered right in her ear.  He could feel her cheekbones lifting her lips into a smile. 

* * *