Affection Just Like Before

~Past~

I tugged at my mom's shirt. She turned to look at me. "What is it?" she has been mad ever since yesterday. Not a single smile appeared on her face, and I was concerned for her. "Mommy, why haven't you smiled?" I asked. She glanced over me with a rather unpleasant facial expression. I stared at her, eyes wide and curious. Then she let out a sigh before patting my head as a reassurance. "No reason, I'm just thinking," she said. She forced a smile. I could tell that she did, because it seemed like, in the inside, she was dying. "About daddy?" I asked, and my mom immediately dropped her hand from my head. "Let's not talk about him, he's not worth the talk," she said. "Mommy... do you hate daddy?" I asked. She stared at me for a long time, as if trying to comprehend what I just asked. "Hate? I think that's a strong word... It's more like I dislike him for leaving us, it isn't right," she said. "Your dad left you and me together. He decided on that, and I don't want anything to do with him," she rolled her eyes at the thought. "Just forget about him, okay? There's no point in remembering him if he decided to leave you," she added. I stared at her for a long time, I wanted to ask one more question. But I was too afraid to let it slip my tongue, maybe it'll be a bad question at the bad time.

~...~

"Just forget about him," I thought back to what my mom said. I pulled the blanket over my head and closed my eyes.

~A dream~

"Come here, princess," a figure that wasn't clear held it's arms wide open to me. "Come to daddy," a smiled appeared on the unknown figure's face. "Daddy?" I heard my voice echo. With a smile on my face, I ran to hug him. When I was in his arms, the setting changed. "She's so pretty, right?" my mom asked, as she started petting my head. "Mommy and daddy together?" I thought, as I looked between them. The unclear figure now had a face that I painted on him. He smiled brightly, "She's just like you, beautiful." I watch as he kissed my mom's forehead. Then he turned back to me. "We can be happy together..." and it all faded.

~Time to wake up~

I sat up on my bed, tears formed in my eyes. The dream wasn't quite as vivid but it was then. It made me cry at the thought. The last words never left my head, as if haunting me. "We can be happy together," I only wished for that to come true one day.

~Present~

"You're invited," Hoseok said. "A photoshoot?" I repeated his words. He stared at my unsure face. "Do you not want to? I'm not forcing you to come along," he said. "You sure like inviting me to places, huh?" I laughed. He smiled, "Well, you're my girlfriend, so of course." I smiled and nodded. "I'll come along, it's not like I have anything else to do," I said, "But let me change first, I'm still wearing my pajamas." He immediately nodded, and I got up to change. As I was walking to the closet, Hoseok grabbed my wrist. Without any warnings, he pulled me to him and wrapped his arms around me. "I haven't shown you as much affection as I used to in college," his voice was lovely. I couldn't help but melt at his voice. "That's okay. I know that you're showing me emotion in your head," I said, as I nearly melt in his arms. Then I turned to face him. A smile of joy was formed with his lips, and I smiled back. The light glistened from behind him, making him look like a sunset. I moved my hand up to his hair, and started to play with it. He pulled me in closer, and leaned his head on my shoulder. "I miss when I got the time to just hang out with you, kiss you, cuddle, hug... I miss everything," Hoseok let out a sigh. "Make time for me when you can..." I said. I made to admit that I, too, missed his warm embrace and his soft kisses, it was a fact after all. Even his little gestures make my heart melt, I feel like I can never get used to his touches, kisses, and the general sight of him. Perhaps it was too much for me to bear, but I loved it all.

"It's not like we don't give affection to each other... so you don't need to worry, we still give love," I reminded. Hosoek nodded, "I guess I should be happy with what I'm provided with... it's just that I miss how much affection I got from you in a day, it feels like half of it grew legs and ran ever since I became famous." "I'm constantly stressed and busy, but you always try helping me. I'm grateful for that, have I ever told you that?" he asked. I laughed, "I'm sure your actions show more than your words." "You're probably right," just then, he grabbed my legs and picked me up. He started making his way to the bed. Once we were there, he dropped me onto the bed. Then he crawled on it, and on top of me. "Do you remember when we were about to date? We had a pillow fight," his eyes never left mines. His attention was glued to me, and my attention was glue to him. "How could I forget? That's when I told you that I liked you, and then you suggested that we have a pillow fight," I laughed at the thought. It's been so long since that moment happened, since everything started, and since the first time that I opened up. "I only wish that we could show as much affection as we did when we were younger..." he leaned down. His lips drew closer to mines, and I closed my eyes. Just then, there was a knock on the door. Hosoek looked at the door and then back to me. I opened my eyes at the sound of the knock. "Who's ruining our special moment?" he asked, as he got off of me. "I'll get the door," I said, as I got off the bed and headed to the door. "Oh, Kim," I smiled once I saw that Kim was at the door. "Am I interrupting something?" she asked. I rubbed my neck, "Sort of..." "Oh really? My bad, I didn't mean to. I can come back another time," she turned. "No, you're fine- it's a bit too late now. Did you need something?" I asked. She made complete eye contact with me. "I wanted to tell you something," she said, seriously. I gave her a confused expression, she seemed really serious.

"I found your dad."

"We can be happy... together..."

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako