My dad

It wasn't that my dad didn't like me, it was that I couldn't find a way to contact him. Mainly due to my mom removing any way for me to contact him. Till this day, I don't know if I can contact him. From what I remembered when I was a child, my dad would contact my mom. My mom would shout into the phone, saying that he wasn't allowed to take me since he was the one who decided to leave and not take care of me. I would hear shouts about not allowing me to go to him since I belonged to her. But now that I'm not constantly stuck in isolation, I can finally find my dad. "What are you thinking about?" Hoseok asked. I had been zoning out in my own thoughts for the past few minutes. The others looked over to me, seeing that they were ignored when they tried talking to me. All I could do was sit there, my mouth slightly hung open. I haven't heard a thing Hoseok had said, since I was so busy with my own thoughts. The Jungkook had waved his hand in front of my face. I was quick to snap out at my thoughts, and I was met with everyone staring at me. "Ah, sorry... I was- thinking..." I said. "About what?" Hoseok quietly asked, as if trying to see if I would share my thoughts to the entire group or just him.

"Well... since I ran into my mom, I was thinking about my dad's whereabouts," I said so the group could hear me. "My dad left my mom and me when I was young. I don't quite remember when he left, but I just know that I grew up alone with my mom from elementary and high school. But I know he doesn't hate me, I know that because I remember fragments of when my mom would yell that he couldn't take me with him. So I was wondering if I could find him, get to know him more, and know why he left when I was young," I said. My friends eyes targeted straight at me, they didn't say a word, just watched for any further clues. "Do you want to find him now? I could probably help," Kim's eyes was glued on my face for any expression that shows my feelings towards her question. "Well, I want to find him. It's been forever since I heard from him. So I guess, I want to find him," I replied. Kim nodded and smiled, "I'll see what I can do then." A long silence fell on us, and we continued to eat.

~Flashback~

"I will not allow you to take her!" I heard my mom shouting from her bedroom. I was scared of her when she yells, it felt like the entire house shook at her eruption. "No! She's fine here, and she doesn't need you! I can care for her and love her, she doesn't need you," and then I heard a loud crash. It was probably my mom's beer bottle clashing against the wooden floor. I started to fear even more, even if they weren't fighting in person. I couldn't imagine what would happen if they did fight in person. My knees drew closer to me. But I continued to listen, my ear lightly pressed against the door. I thought about how my dad looked, even if I couldn't quite remember all the features of him. Only the simple things came to me, while I drew the rest in my head. A pair of eyes, a nose, a mouth that curved into a smile, and the rest became my canvas- my portrait of how I interpreted the way he looked. Then I heard sobbing from my mom. "You're the one who left, I put all my effort ensuring our daughter with the happiest life. You left me, and, more specifically, you left her. It's not my fault you didn't want the responsibility of fatherly duties. I was willing to do anything- no, everything for us to be a happy family. But being a dad was too much for you, you're old enough to have duties beyond your expectations. You were the one who said you could handle being a father, but you left me here to drink my sorrows away."

~Present time~

Those were only words I remember- until the memory broke into pieces, and filled with the sound of my mom crying. "Do you know your dad's name?" Kim asked. She pulled out her phone and waited for an answer. "His name is Y/D/N (Your dad's name)," I answered. She nodded, and put her phone away after typing something. "I'll be sure to contact my friend, and then I'll see when you can get some contact with him," she smiled. I nodded. This was finally my turn to see my dad, talk to him, get to know him, and ask why he left. My mom never provided a good enough explanation as to why he left. She only said he left me because he wasn't mature enough. The more I asked her for more information, she'll grind her teeth, repeat what she always says, and then walk off with a frustrated expression engraved in her face. "Thank you, really... I appreciate it," I said. When we were done, we decided to head back to the hotel. While we were walking back, there was a group pointing at us. I started feeling uneasy, I felt like it was a group that was planning something bad. But then, one of the approached us with a calming smile. "Um... I'm sorry to disturb you guys... but are perhaps BTS?" even though she asked the question, it seemed like she knew the answer to her own question. The smile continued to lay upon her face.

With a slight hesitation, Namjoon nodded to answer her question. "My friends and I are really big fans of you. We were wondering if you could let us take a quick group photo with you?" the female asked. The members looked at one another, they seemed okay with the idea since she wasn't really attracting any attention. I stood beside Kim as she help take the photo for them, their smiles never faded even after she handed the phone back. "Thank you so much, I'm sorry if we interrupted anything," they gave off an apologetic aura. We shook our heads. "You're fine, you didn't attract a lot of attention. So it was no problem, thank you for asking," Namjoon reassured. The female, who asked, blushed with shyness. We started to head back. But then, a few words made me turn my head.

"We wanted to say that we're totally supportive with your relationship! Kimjoon and Y/S/N/W/H (Your ship name with Hoseok) forever. Don't let anyone make you question your relationship, you guys deserve to be happy!" I smiled at their words. From behind, there was laughter and squealing.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako