A Rose

~Hoseok's P.O.V. (Part five : Final)~

~"She is who changed me"~

Being beat up on a daily caused my smile to fade, for my expression to darken, and for me to be badly bruised. Laughter through the halls and whispers of hatred were the only things I heard. I hated being bullied; it was the worst experience ever. It was worse when I had to return home, for my family to see my beaten up state and for me to make up any lie. I had to avoid telling anyone, because I was being threatened. Bruises and scars, it seemed that was the only thing I could truly know. Ever since middle school I was a target for bullying, I was known as the kid to stay away from. I wasn't scary nor was I powerful; people were told to stay away from me because anyone who came near me was immediately told to leave. That's because the group who constantly bullied me was known for a high reputation. But Kim never got bullied, because the leader of the group had major feelings for her. If I didn't do what he said it'll end up with me being kicked and punched. Perhaps even scratched, all these events normally happened at the end of school. I would lie to Kim about forgetting something in class, but in reality I was summoned to be beaten up.

I hesitantly headed to where I was told to meet with the group that normally beats me up. With an intake of air, I stumbled forward to be met with satisfied faces. "Took you long enough," the leader said smiling. "You know Kim always hangs around you, are you two dating?" his eyes were like bullets. I immediately shook my head, "She's my best friend." With my response, he grinned happily, "Can you tell her to talk to me? Kim seems like she's ignoring me or something, it makes me sad." I didn't want Kim to talk to him, he was bad news and he wouldn't treat her right. "No, I will not," I replied quite quietly, "What was that?" the leader asked annoyed that I was mumbling my words. "I will not! You don't deserve to talk to Kim!" I stood my ground as I attempted to look strong. But inside my soul was shrinking quickly, afraid what would happen next. Even so, I didn't want to back down from protecting my best friend.

Within a matter of seconds I was being kicked, tears streamed down my face as I endured the pain. Suddenly a voice echoed throughout the empty hall, it was louder than my sobs and pleads. With teary eyes and blurry vision, I saw Kim standing there completely shocked at the scene. "Hoseok!" Kim quickly rushed over to me. She pushed the others causing them to fall, not thinking much about her consequences, she was only worried for me. Once she got to me, she was quick to help me. "Hey Kim, it isn't what it looks like. I know it looks bad but it's not what it seems like," the leader said grabbing onto Kim's shoulder. Kim turned to glare at him, her stare piercing through him. "There's a reason why I don't like you. You bully people and try to act as if there's nothing wrong. Well guess what, I know your plans, and I will forever dislike you for what you keep doing to Hoseok," Kim's words confused me, did she know I was being bullied from the beginning?

The male's face twisted with anger at Kim's words, perhaps unhappy with Kim's words. "I've tried being nice to you, but you ignore me. What's wrong with you? Why are you hanging out with a loser like him?" the leader asked furiously. Kim immediately stood up and punched him without hesitation. Soon I was watching Kim running at my bullies, hitting them and knocking them down. No matter how many people jumped her, she was like a beast. Kim's temper had reached her limit and she had officially lost it. I watched as my best friend got beaten up, and all I could do was cry.

Soon Kim had returned to me with a smile. Bruises showed vividly on her body, and even scars. But yet she was smiling, soon tears were streaming down her face. I felt as she engulfed me within her embrace. "Hoseok, you idiot... Why didn't you just call me to help? I knew you were being bullied... I-I'm so sorry for not being able to help earlier... I didn't know what to do when I found out about this," Kim sobbed as she tried to speak. "Hoseok I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I'm glad you're okay, I really am. You fought hard and you always have been a strong person, I should have been more caring and more watchful of you," Kim's words made me cry even more.

Kim had pulled away before wiping her tears. With a smile she placed both hands onto my shoulder, "Listen Hoseok, I'll tell you this everyday so I can remind you. You matter in this world, no matter how much you think you don't and no matter how much people say you don't. You're here for a reason, and that reason is see your life to the fullest. Don't listen to others, listen to yourself. You need to know how to love yourself. Even if you think that you're alone, remember that people care for you. If you were to disappear from the face of the earth, many people will be sad. I know it may not seem like it to you, but I promise you that there are a lot of people cheering you to move forward. Please make the right choice, and keep motivating yourself. Live on until your last breath, and you'll be happy you did. Your life matters Hoseok, no matter how much you think it doesn't. Life puts you through the obstacles in order to prepare you for your future. So be positive and know you matter, know you're an amazing person, know you'll have friends, know that you can smile and light up the entire world, know people care, and know that you special. I love you Hoseok, as a best friend. I'm here for you whenever, and I will always be here by your side. Fighting through everything with you, and I will always support you. You can't give up ever, because I'm not letting you."

Kim was always there for me, through thick and thin. I felt like I could rely on her, like I could simply smile at her presence. She's so caring and kind even though she is experiencing things as well. Kim was being positive for me, and now I want to be a positive person for her. All Kim has done was give me meaningful lessons; lessons I will always remember and use; the lessons that I will grow up with. Everything Kim has told me, each word meant I had meaning that I needed to live. Kim was my best friend, and she's a helpful best friend. I couldn't believe that I was able to obtain such a friend.

With a bright smile I thanked Kim for everything. "Thank you for telling me things and pushing me forward. For being there for me when I needed it most. Kim you've given me so many lessons and so many kind words. You're truly a unique person and your words are so powerful; they really do touch my heart. I love you as well Kim, and I'm so happy that I have a friend like you," I spilled my words while a smile, words I was never able to tell Kim because I never thought about it how much Kim had helped me through. Even if I was to experience more, I knew that Kim would be by my side and ready to help me. I didn't know what I'll do without her, she was her to change me and I was prepared to change. I wanted to be the sunshine I once was, and I could accomplish that with Kim.

"I'm like a rose; I was shivering up because I didn't have enough water. But you came along and gave me water; you're slowly helping me regain my life. I'm slowly growing and becoming that beautiful rose I once was."

~End of flashback~

~Your P.O.V.~

My eyes were teary as Hoseok ended off his past. Everything about Hoseok's past made me to cry and embrace him. I felt as if he was going to cry by simply retelling his entire past, but he seemed fine. "You were curious about the rose, right?" Hoseok asked as he patted my back in order to calm me down. I nodded, "The message of the dead rose is: with the help of someone, one can regrow and be happy. Without help, one will never regrow and their existence will blow away like ash." "I was able to regrow with Kim's help, she had the power to help me regrow," with Hoseok's words my tears ran down my face as I buried my face in the crook of his neck, crying for Hosoek and his past.

I hoped you enjoyed!
~XutieMiako