I Drove All Night

The following night was the concert. Diana caked on bright blue eyeshadow and pink lipstick. She had on tight black leather pants that took over forty five minutes and Lynn's help to wedge her in them.  She wore a bright blue, sparkly off the shoulder sweater and the jean jacket Billy had leant her months ago. 

"Oh my God, your father is going to kill me when he sees you" Lynn laughed. She and Diana had actually bonded over the mother-daughter experience of picking the perfect outfit for tonight. When Diana walked downstairs, she saw Billy patiently waiting at the kitchen island. He stood up when he saw her. 

"Wow. Red, you look, uh..you look great" he finally spit out. She smiled as she looked him up and down. "So do you" she told him as she pursed her lips. She could feel her palms getting sweaty just looking at him. He had on his signature tight blue jeans, along with a dark maroon button up, open halfway down, exposing his chest. His silver earring reflected the kitchen light. 

"We'd better go, venues about a forty minute drive if we book it" he rested his hand on the small of her back as he guided her to the door. She picked up her small leather backpack full of clothing and toiletries. Lynn met them at the door. 

"Okay, so you have the money for the room right? And promise me on your mothers grave you'll be responsible and get two beds" she shot a look at Billy who burst out laughing.  They had decided to stay in town where the concert was because Lynnette didnt want them driving home too late at night . 

"We will, Lynn. I promise" Diana gave her a quick reassuring hug as they headed out the door. 

The first little stretch of the ride was quiet, they only made small talk here and there. By the time they reached the city limits , Diana broke the silence. 

"Thank you. For these tickets, for coming with me" she smiled over at him. He nodded to her. 

They checked into their hotel, getting the two beds as she had promised. By the time they headed to the venue it was almost 9pm. They got into the show no problem, Diana hadn't realized Billy had gotten them so close to the stage.  

"Billy, this is amazing!" She yelled over the person on the loud speaker doing the  soundcheck. 

He smiled over at her "Im glad you like it". 

The crowd was hyped up, everyone was yelling and screaming for Cyndi to come out. Diana clung close to Billy. When Cyndi finally came out, wearing a head to toe dark blue sequined outfit Diana heard the scream escape her lips as she jumped up and down. She was starstruck. She felt her mouth hanging open as Cyndi began to sing. Diana sang along to every song. 

Billy couldnt help but smile as he watched Diana dance around to the music, never missing a lyric. When Cyndi began singing "Time After Time" he looked over at Diana. 

Diana peeled her eyes away from Cyndi to admire the boy who had brought her here in the first place. While everyone around them had pulled out their lighters to hold up and sway to the music, Diana reached over and wrapped her arms around Billy. 

He was surprised at first that she was hugging him. He felt himself squeeze her tightly as the music played in the background. He leaned down to talk into her ear "I love you. Im sorry I caused you so much grief. I dont ever want to be apart again." He told her. She looked up and before he knew it she had her hands wrapped in his hair and her lips were crashing against his.