Little Lies

Diana was on her way to drop her car off at Rudy's shop when it started to ran. She got about two miles from Hawkins High when she saw a familiar girl riding a skateboard along the side of the road. Diana immediately recognized her to be Billy's younger sister so she slowed down beside her. The girls red hair hung damply around her face, water dripping off her from the rain.

Max recognised Diana's car right away and walked towards it, Diana gesturing wildly for her to get inside. "Hey your Billy's sister right? We never got to officially meet but im Diana Lister" she offered Max a warm smile then reached into her backseat to grab an old sweater. "Here. Its not much but itll warm you up at least, its really coming down out there".

Max relaxed into the passenger seat and took the sweater. "Um thanks for stopping. I recognized you from the other day so I figured getting in your car was better than the alternative, even if you do plan to kidnap me" Max said dryly then smiled back at Diana. "You picked one hell of a day to skate home kiddo" Diana said as she pulled back onto the road. Max stopped smiling and leaned against the passenger door. "Well I wouldn't have had too if my stupid brother hadn't left me at school" she snapped. Diana furrowed her brow "Billy left without you?" she asked. "Yeah. I mean he always tells me he'll leave me if im so much as two minutes late but I never believed him til today" Max replied.

Diana's stomach dropped. Why would he just leave her to skate home alone, in a thunderstorm no less? She wondered silently. "Well its no biggie, tell you what if he ever leaves you again you come find me and I would be happy to drive you home" Diana smiled warmly as she turned on the cars heat. Max gave Diana directions to her house, which was only a block away from Diana's, then sat quietly for the remainder of the ride. When Diana pulled up to the Hargrove house Billy's car was nowhere in sight. Max grabbed her board from behind the seat then turned to Diana, her face stoic.

"Look, I don't know what the deal is with you and Billy. I don't know what you've heard or seen but I'll tell you this. Stay away from him. Seriously, do yourself a favor. Billy's crazy, hes not a good person. Please, youre too nice to be sucked into that" and with that Max left the car and darted up the front steps of the house, disappearing inside before Diana could bring herself to respond.

Billy crazy? she thought. She knew he drove way to fast and was way to cocky for his own good, but he seemed far from crazy. Diana fluffed it off as a little sibling rivalry and headed towards her dad's shop just as the rain stopped and the sun reappeared.