Rebel Yell

Billy sat on the couch listening to Lynnette's life story for over twenty minutes before Diana finally came down the stairs. Her long red hair hung in loose curls and she wore a white full sequined sweater and tight black pants. The kitchen light reflected off her large silver hoop earrings. "You ready?" she asked, crossing her arms and standing at the door. Billy felt a smirk creep across his face. For someone who didn't want to go on a date in the first place she had sure put an effort into her appearance, he thought to himself.

"Born ready" he replied with a smile, looking her up and down approvingly. At school Diana always seemed to try to blend in. Tonight she would stand out in a crowd of a thousand.

"Make sure you guys get some dinner before you go to the drive-in. Its getting pretty late" Lynn bellowed from the living room. Billy looked at his watch. 6:00pm. The movie was a town over and didn't start until 8:00. "Are you hungry?" he asked Diana. She scrunched up her nose again, in a way he was getting used to, and he felt himself smile again. "I could maybe eat. Or we could just save room for all the junk food at the movies!" she laced her fingers together and brought them to her chin and smiled up at him, batting her eyelashes. "Alright. Lets go" he shuffled her down the stairs and into his Camaro.

The sun was just beginning to set as they left Hawkins city limits. The Camaro raced down the county roads, hugging each corner as rock music blared from the radio. "I haven't been to a movie in ages" Diana told him as the reached the next town over. "Glad I could break the cycle" he told her as he looked for the road leading to the drive-in.

When they arrived Billy bought their tickets and parked the Camaro in the back of the lot and off to the side. They were walking to the concession stand when they heard a whistle directed at Diana. Billy stopped dead in his tracks, looking to see who had done it. Diana looked around nervously and grabbed Billy's arm. "Hey. Lets just get our stuff and go back to the car" she tugged on the sleeve of his leather jacket and he reluctantly followed.

When they were in line, Diana handed Billy an armful of candy and snacks and left him in line when she realised she forgot to grab them a drink. "Hang on a sec, Im gonna grab us a pop" she said and ran back to where the drinks were. While she stood there pondering what Billy might like, a man who appeared to be in his early twenties approached her from behind. "I was waiting for you to ditch that asshole you came with. What do you say you come sit in my car and enjoy the...feature" the man said as he ran his tongue over his lips. Diana grimaced "Um ew no thank you, Im here with someone" she went to walk past the man when he grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him. The pop bottles she held in her hands fell to the floor and shattered.

Billy handed the cashier a twenty when he heard a smash and looked over to see a man clutching at Diana, her green eyes wide and afraid. "What the fuck" he said aloud and marched towards where the man held her. Billy grab the man by the scruff of his collar and slammed him up against a nearby vending machine "Hey asshole, what the fuck do you think youre doing putting your hands on my girl like that?" he spat as he tightened his grip. The man's eyes grew wide and he grimaced "Look man, I don't want any trouble. I didn't know she was here with someone. Im sorry man, Really" the man said nervously. Billy threw him to the ground as onlookers gawked. "Get the fuck outta here" Billy practically yelled and the man fled the building.

Billy looked back at Diana, who stood with her arms wound tightly around herself, face bright red. He then saw all the attention he'd attracted and put his arm around her shoulder and led her back to the counter. "Its ok, lets just grab this shit and go back to the car, Red". Billy grabbed his change and led her back to the Camaro.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, food untouched as they waited for the movie to start. Finally she turned to him and spoke. "Billy, that was insane" she looked at him, green eyes glistening. "Sorry, Red. But that prick wanted more than just your attention, and no way I would let anything happen to you. And besides, it took a lot of convincing to get you here with me tonight so Im not letting some dickhead ruin it" he looked at her and took a swig of coca cola. She squinted her eyes at him, then broke into a smile. "Well, thanks Hargrove. I appreciate the chivalry". Diana felt herself looking down at his lips, hoping he wouldn't notice. She couldn't help but admire how handsome he actually was.

Billy noticed Diana looking at him, and he couldn't help himself. He leaned across the centre counsel of the Camaro , ran a large hand through her hair to the back of her head, and pulled her in. His lips mashed against hers, almost hungrily. As much as he'd never admit it, his stomach fluttered at the feeling.

Diana ran both of her hands up into his hair and began to lightly pull. This only seemed to rile him up more as he pulled her across the car and into his lap. They continued to kiss as he pulled her sweater off, revealing a lacy white tank underneath. He ran his hands up and down her body, exploring her every curve. She placed her hand on his chest and pulled away. "Billy" she breathed in between kisses. "Mhmm" he mumbled as he began nipping at her neck. "Billy stop" she said as she pushed against his chest.

He looked up at her, his pupils swallowing the blue of his eyes. "Whats the problem?" he huffed. Diana felt her cheeks begin to burn as she tried to untangle her long red hair. "I cant" she told him. He raised his eyebrows at her "Uh well you kind of already were" he stared at her like a dog drooling over a steak. "Why cant you? Whats your problem?" he pried. Diana's heart fluttered and she looked at him, placing her forehead against his. "I cant. Ive never...I haven't.." She stuttered and he caught on immediately. "Noo, cmon really? You're a virgin? I don't buy it" He told her astonished. "Its a choice! Im not a prude it just never really came up" she said, clearly embarrassed. He looked out the window, he had parked far enough away from everyone that nobody would ever see them. "Diana. Look, I didn't know. Its fine, you don't owe me anything. We can watch the stupid movie and I'll take you home and we can just pretend it never happened".

Diana pondered everything for a second. He had been nothing but nice to her since she met him that crazy first day. He was a whirlwind in his own right. She knew she had feelings for him that she had been wanting to act on, but was always too afraid. Steve Harrington had slipped through her fingers this way, she wasn't going to let Billy Hargrove slip away too.

She looked him in the eyes as she pulled the lace tank over her head. His pupils engulfed the blue of his eyes once more as his hands slid up her sides to the clasp of her bra. "Are you sure?" he breathed as he leaned in to kiss her. "Yes" she barely got out as her heart began to race. She struggled with the buttons of his shirt as her hands shook. Billy noticed and slipped it over his head. She ran her hands down his stomach and unbuttoned his jeans.

They paid no attention to the movie, completely lost in each other. Neither one of them had anticipated this. He started out gentle, and then completely lost himself, unaware of how rough he had gotten, but she never complained. Diana had never anticipated her first time to be in the back of some wild boys Camaro, but in those moments she felt no regret. Only as her innocence slipped away did she truly recognize what she felt for this one boy who only a short while ago she had felt she barely knew. She felt herself falling for Billy Hargrove.