Mad About You

"Can you believe it? My dad Fucking hired him!" Diana spat over the phone to Corinne that night as she lay in her bed. "That's so messed up, Di" Corinne agreed. "I don't even know what to do, its only been a day and Ive already had all the Billy Hargrove I can handle" Diana told her. "You need to just fight back girl. Don't let this loser just walk into your life and stomp all over it. He has proven to be much more than a minor inconvenience" Corinne chimed in. "Ugh I don't even care anymore Cor, Im just going to try my best to ignore him and see if he just goes away" "I can make him go away, MUHAHA" Corinne bellowed over the phone. "Corinne! stop it we cant kill him, have you seen how many girls look at him? They'd notice if he went missing" Diana said jokingly. "Well then make him fall in love with you, then crush him. That's the best way to get rid of any boy" Corinne said matter-of-factly. "Um ew no thank you. There is much better boys to make fall in love with me" Diana told her. "Oh like Steve Harrington? Don't think I don't see right through you, I know you've loved that boy since day one and youre too afraid to say anything and BAM! In swoops little miss perfect Nancy Wheeler to steal your man!" Corinne accused. Diana was thankful Corinne couldn't see how red she got at the accusation. "I don't love Steve Harrington! Hes been a good friend to me all these years but I don't have any feelings for him" Diana lied.

Diana had a crush on Steve for as long as she could remember and the only ones who knew it were Corinne and Suzanna. And it was true how she had been trying to muster up the courage one day when Steve was hanging out with her, to tell him how she felt. Yet she always felt that people like her could never be with someone like him. This wasn't pretty in pink, this was real life. He had money and she didn't. It was alright to be friends with the peasants but never to date them. That's how she always saw it anyway. That was until he started dating Nancy Wheeler.

"Whatever. If you don't have any feelings for Steve then climb Billy's tree, because if you don't, regardless of how much I despise the boy I may just have to climb him myself" Corinne cracked herself right up. "You're gross" Diana said. "And you're a virgin" Corinne spat at her , then burst out laughing. "Whatever Corinne. Im going to bed." Diana went to hang up the phone. "Ohhh c'mon Di! You know I like to tease you about it. Don't worry Honey you'll find the perfect man, probably Steve Harrington once he breaks up with that stick Nancy, to deflower you" she was laughing so hard now Diana could picture tears running out of Corinne's hazel eyes. "Wow, thanks friend. I love you too. Anyway, I really am going to bed now. I'll call you if anything else changes on the Billy front, like if I wake up and find out he's moved in and my dad adopted him too" Diana chuckled. Corinne was still howling with laughter as Diana hung up the phone.

Diana switched off her light and fell asleep, dreams flooded her head almost instantly. She dreamt her and Steve were lying on the hood of his car on the football field at school staring up into the stars. "You're so beautiful" dream Steve whispered as he caressed her cheek. She reached up and grabbed two fist fulls of his luscious hair and pressed her lips against his. She felt his hand travel up her thigh towards the hemline of her shirt. She kissed him passionately as he ran a hand underneath to cup her breast. She felt the weight of him on top of her as his hands explored her body. She broke the kiss, and looked directly into the eyes of Billy Hargrove.