2.5

0 Days Clean.

As we made our way backstage to meet up with the boys, we passed by a merchandise stand. Ignoring Jacey babble on beside me about how good the show was, I stopped up and Jacey did too, looking at me strangely. There was a small queue at the stand so I lined up, knowing exactly what I was getting. Taking my purse from my bag, I took out a $10 note and turned to listen to Jacey again.

"Their synchronised jumps were just, wow." She breathed out, looking up at the stand and glancing at the merch. When we made our way to the front of the queue, I bought a wristband and Jacey bought a tour shirt. Slipping the wristband on my right wrist gently, I smiled.

***

When Jacey and I eventually caught up to Beth and Gee, I ignored Beth like I had done for the whole concert. I was still hurt that she lied to me, especially when she knew what being able to meet Luke meant to me. By the time I was aware of my surroundings, I was in the boys dressing rooms with Luke staring blankly at me from the other side of the room. All the band's other crew members were in the room too, as they all shared a celebratory drink for finishing the tour.

"Do you want a drink?" Gee asked me, snapping me from my thoughts. Shaking my head and smiling at her gently, Gee shrugged and walked off to get herself a drink. I tugged at my sleeves gently and began to walk behind her, but I was instantly stopped by someone grabbing my fingers. A jolt of electricity shot up through my arm at the touch of calloused fingers and I turned around, albeit knowing already who it was.

"Hey, can we talk?" Luke asked me gently, his accent sounding soft against the loud conversations of the people around us. I looked up, finally finding the courage to look him in the eye for the first time since we met. His blue eyes were soft but bright, a sharp contrast to my own dark green ones.

"We can talk later." I promised quietly. "You need to celebrate finishing the tour." I noticed Luke still held tightly onto two of my fingers and my face warmed at the thought. Luke noticed too, and a small smile grew on his face. His thumb circled over my knuckle gently and as cliché as it sounds, the room around us felt empty.

"Alright," Luke said, still sounding unconvinced. "Can I at least get you a drink?" he asked. Instantly, I shook my head. I haven't touched alcohol since Hayley was killed and I never intend on drinking it again.

"I don't drink," I said to Luke. His face was blank for a moment before a look of realisation crossed his features. Nodding his head, he looked at the cup of beer in his hand and placed it down on the table beside us.

"Want to go talk to the rest of the guys?" Luke asked me, allowing his hand to fall limp and his fingers to untangle from my own. Instead, he wrapped his arm around my waist and my heart fluttered at our close proximity.

"I guess so," I said quietly, feeling much too comfortable for my own good under Luke's hold. We walked near the back of the room and on the way, Luke grabbed two cans of Coke. Handing one to me, he smiled at me gently before we stopped in front of a small group. Gee, Jacey, Beth and the three other band members were talking. When Luke and I approached the group, Calum glanced up and winked at me upon seeing Luke and I.

We stayed like that, for what seemed like hours. Just the eight of us talking and enjoying each other's company. I noticed that Luke didn't pick up another beer throughout the night, not even when the band were thanking everyone for all their help throughout the tour. Around twelve, the band decided to go back to our apartment for some takeaway and a few beers.

-

sorry this chapter is short & just a filler. I'll be uploading again tomorrow (hopefully) so this should keep you guys going until then. Thank you guys so much for 1.9k, we're so close to 2k! I want to dedicate this chapter to Audrey (slightly_mental) because you're hella rad and you've sent me amazing messages and feedback on Moonlight so, thank you so much.

Please vote & comment, thanks guys :)