2.0

0 Days Clean.

“Can I take your order?” I asked politely, glancing up and looking at the man sitting beside Michael. He shook his head and glanced at Michael. Glancing at him quickly, I took my pad out from my front pocket and opened it to a new page. Pressing the pen to the page, I signed my initials, wrote in the table number and the number of people sitting at the table.

“An omelette with coffee will be fine.” Michael said. Refusing to look up and make eye contact, I nodded my head and wrote down his order before turning to the man again.

“Are you sure you don’t want anything?” I asked him, indicating towards the menu. The man shook his head and sent me a faint smile.

“I’ve already eaten.” He told me. Nodding my head, I finished up the receipt and tore it out gently, placing it on the table. While I walked back into the kitchen to place the order, I heard Michael and the man talking behind me. The only word I was able to make out was Luke.

***

It was an hour later and Michael and the man still haven’t moved. Thankfully, none of the other members of the band arrived in. Glancing up at the clock, I smiled faintly when I saw I had ten minutes before my shift ended and I could go back to the apartment.

“He’s just staring at you,” Derek mumbled to me as we both stood behind the main counter. Nodding my head, I shrugged gently at him.

“He’s an old friends’ boyfriend,” I said quietly, picking pieces of lint off the bandage Luke had wrapped around my wrist last night. Glancing up at Derek, I saw him gazing down at my wrist.

“I meant to ask you, what happened your hand?” he said, beginning to take off his apron as Danny walked through the door of the restaurant.

“I twisted my wrist, it’s no big deal.” I brushed off easily, sending him a small smile. Derek smiled back at me and walked into the back room to retrieve his things. Signing gently, I fixed my bandana on my head and waited for Florence to relieve me from work. My mind slowly began to fill with thoughts of how I would escape the hotel without Michael noticing me. There was surely a backdoor somewhere?

“Shanley, hey,” Derek said suddenly, standing beside me. Looking up, I furrowed my eyebrows together momentarily before he continued to speak. “Do you want to go for coffee?  If you’re doing nothing? Or you don’t have to, if you have already have plans it’s alright,” he spoke, beginning to get flustered. Smiling gently, I nodded my head.

“Sure, I’ll just wait for Florence and then we can head off.” I said to him, smiling. For the second time that day, my mind began to overflow with thoughts. Does Derek like me in a romantic way? I really hope not.

Before my mind could run into further tangents, the blonde hair of Florence walked through the double doors of the restaurant and smiled at me. Glancing up at Derek again, I rose to my feet and walked into the back room to grab my things. I sent Jacey a quick text, telling her I was going for coffee. Once I clocked myself out, I followed Derek out the door of the restaurant, Michael’s gaze burning a hole through the back of my head.

-

Hey guys, I know this is really short but I’m going to update another chapter either tonight or tomorrow after my chemistry class so, stay tuned. What do you think Michael and the man were talking about? Please give me your feedback, it really means a lot. Thanks guys!