2.2

Is she coming?

I sent the message to Gee and locked my phone, glancing up at Luke who was sitting opposite to me. He looked exhausted, the bags under his eyes were clearly evident and I guessed he got little to no sleep last night.

"Anything?" he asked me, his Australian accent sounding gruff against the tiredness of his voice. Shrugging, I indicated towards my phone.

"She hasn't replied," I told him softly, watching as Ashton wrapped his arm around Luke's shoulder. My chest ached, both from seeing him like this and from hurting Shanley myself. Looking up at Michael beside me, I gave him a sad smile.

"It'll be okay," he whispered, planting a kiss on the top of my head. Just as I was about to flutter my eyes shut, the sharp vibrating of my phone on my lap snapped me back to reality. Grabbing my phone, I shot Luke a quick glance before unlocking it and reading the message.

I really don't know Beth, she's been in her room with Calum the past two hours. Try texting him x

Locking my phone, I glanced up at Luke and shook my head gently. "She's been talking to Calum in her room for the past two hours," I told him softly. Luke's jaw clenched and he ran his hands through his hair, a gesture he only did when he was frustrated. Standing up from the hotel bed, Luke walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind him.

"He's crushed... I haven't seen him this bad since his breakup with Aleisha." Ashton said quietly, making sure Luke couldn't hear us. Nodding my head gently, Ashton glanced up at Michael.

"You said this is where she works, isn't it?" instantly, Michael nodded his head. This morning when Michael went for breakfast, Shanley waited on him. I knew she worked as a waitress in a hotel, I just didn't know it was this one.

"Well if Luke doesn't get to talk to her tonight I guess he'll have to confront her tomorrow at work." Ash said, glancing back at the bathroom door as the sound of the toilet flushing was heard. Luke walked out of the bathroom and sat down again, playing with the ring on his pinkie.

"You okay, Luke?" Michael asked him. The room was tense for a moment before Luke shook his head.

"I feel like a dick. She opened up to me and told me everything about her. She trusted me with everything and I couldn't even tell her who I really was. It just fucking sucks man because she was, normal? I mean sure at the start she freaked out a little but fuck," Luke breathed heavily, placing his elbows on his knees and hanging his head in his hands. "I started to fucking fall for her," he mumbled.

My heart broke and I sat forward, reaching for Luke and pulling him into a hug.

"I really started to like her and then I just fucked it up. She relapsed, who the fuck makes a girl they like do that? I do. It just fucking sucks."