Chapter 38- The Raging Truth

Start from the beginning

It's just that, her behavior lately is worrisome and is hurting me a lot. She has been indifferent to since that morning after we made love. Not totally indifferent, as she would still assist me with regards to my injured shoulder,  but she would stay silent most of the time, and won't even talk to me properly. But every time Curt, Amber, or Arianne visits, she would be so alive I can't help but shake my head in bewilderment. That drug has really messed her up and it is raging the hell out of me.

I brought her favorite meal from McDonald's and added two bucket meals of chicken for everyone because I heard Curtis and Amber are coming over tonight.

Upon arriving home, I had a little talk with our bodyguards who are having their coffee by the front porch. The front door opens and Rebecca's head pops in with an agitated face. She must have sensed my arrival.

"Xander, Emily has been vomiting since this morning, and has been complaining of pain in her breasts," She immediately informs me as she pulls me down to sit on one of the white, wooden front porch chairs.

"Where is she right now?"

"She's in her room. She seems fine now, but I can't help but think about a lot of things. Should we take her to the hospital now? Lance also told me that she has been frequent in the bathroom since yesterday. I asked her if she's on her period but she told me that she's not. I'm worried that she'll be bleeding again like what happened last year."

"Calm down, Rebecca. I'll go check on her. Just stay here and have some fresh air, okay?"

I check on Emily inside her bedroom and sigh in relief upon seeing her Indian-sitting on the bed with her laptop on her thigh and Meowly beside her. Yes, I picked the poor little feline up from my beach house the other day because we really missed her.

"Hey," I greet her with a smile. She just briefly lifts her head up to give me a small smile and then returns her eyes on her laptop.

"What are you doing?" I ask her as I approach the bed. I am about to take a peek on her laptop's screen but she immediately closes it. My jaw ticks at her unexpected move. Is she hiding something from me?

I am about to hug her but she immediately gets out of the bed to my disappointment.

"Ugh, I think this is the 69th time that I have peed today." she groans before staggering her way to the bathroom.

I ignore her indifference this time and just proceed to pet my cat's head, who is now taking an interest in Emily's burger on the bed.

"I brought your favorite meal from McDonald's, by the way!" I inform in a louder voice so she can hear it from inside the bathroom.

"Oh, really? But baby...I-I don't have the mood to eat right now." Goes her response echoing from inside there.

Why am I not surprised? She has been eating less lately but it doesn't show in her face and body. She looks bloated these days.

Damn, these withdrawal symptoms are ruining her body. It has been two weeks now and she is still experiencing them

My body freezes when my eyes stopped to the box of condoms resting on top of the bedside table.

Nausea, vomiting, increased urination, bloating, fatigue, intense mood swings...

Are these really withdrawal symptoms?

"I'll be back in five minutes!" I exclaim before sprinting out of her room and rushing outside toward my car.

After dashing towards the nearest pharmacy, I immediately bought two pregnancy test kits while my thoughts raced in the anticipation.