1

⬆️⬆️I present to you the song that was written for Remus Lupin.

All I can see is black, and my head is pounding so hard I think it might explode. I feel around for something to haul me up, prove that I'm awake, but all I can feel is the hard wooden floor and a sticky liquid.
It takes all of my strength to pull my eyelids open. I scream and move backwards, which hurts my leg. Blood.
Of course. I'm in the Shrieking Shack, or at least that's what the other students call it. I feel around my body for any injuries, starting at my forehead, and when I get to my chin I wince.
There are two large scratches going up my face. My hand stains with red and my skin feels like it's splitting open.
I reach for my wand which has apparently been thrown across the room. I conjure up a mirror to get a better look of the damage.
The scars all up my arms are still the old ones, healing very slowly as I can't help but pick at the scabs. My face is almost completely red on the bottom half, like I've just eaten someone. My eyes look wild, greedy, which I hate, and my hair is ruffled and hard with blood.
I nearly faint again when I see what had happened to my left leg. There is another huge cut, but it stretches from just below my knee all the way to just above my ankle. The stuff inside has gone hard, but the blood around the edges is still mildly flowing. There's some sort of pus as well, but I smash the mirror with my bare hands in case I be sick.
My knuckles go red, and I pull out a piece of glass lodged by my elbow which makes me suddenly gasp in pain.
Where have my clothes gone?
I search around for the stuff that hasn't been thoroughly destroyed, and manage to dress in my pants, trousers (although the knees are all ripped) and shirt, but a few of the buttons have been ripped off that so I can only do it up half way.
I fasten my tie around my face, covering the scratches on my chin so they don't get infected on my journey to the hospital wing. My robe can't be fixed. It's ripped up everywhere. Still wearable, but way under teachers' uniform standards. I put it over my shoulder and limp away.
When I get downstairs I turn to find the tunnel exiting in the whomping willow.
"Oh Merlin", I cry, covering my mouth. Sirius is lying on the floor, covered in mud and dirt and blood and cuts and bruises. His hair covers his face, and when I move it carefully he has a large ring of purple around one eye and a cut lip.
He shouldn't have come. I told him not to. He didn't listen. And now I've killed him.