Episode 12 - The Relationship

Episode 12: (Edited)

Until at 2 a.m. in the mid night, when Mohit dozed off.  It was Voldy's text. I never expected his text that too after all that happened.

"Nothing good happens after 2.a.m in the mid night" I said to myself.

"Hey the forms are out for degree. Pick them up from college office soon" he said. The first time in all this mess I felt as though my revenge was successful. I didn't reply to it.

"Hey. Today was it you near the mall, at the coffee shop? There was a guy with you and he held you're hand and took you out?" his second text. I didn't reply to that as well. I was in so much of satisfaction that I hardly cared about anything.

"I was there with my friends. We were celebrating friend's birthday."  His third text.  I use to wait for his text and text him in the same way so started to feel bad for him.

"Ya thank you for letting me know. I'll go and pick them up and yes it was me with my boyfriend" I replied.

"Oh! Boyfriend? I see! So you're in a serious relation? Is the guy safe? I mean you know how it is with boy's right?" he asked out of so much concern that I wanted to slap him right in his face... with a hammer- wait for it- and a kicking in between his legs. As he was texting I interrupted saying "you don't have to worry so much! He's very sensitive and takes a lot of care so as to not hurt me"

"I am just concerned about you that's it!" He said.

"Well. You don't have to. Someone else got there first. So you keep contact to minimum" I replied. That was the moment. I felt proud of Mohit. "Oh and one more thing! Please don't text" I said

"Look I didn't mean any harm to you" he said. I interrupted him without even reading the whole text "Doesn't really matter now. We're done!" I said and slid my cell under my pillow. That night I felt so relieved that I slept very well. 

The next morning I woke up to my phone vibration. I looked at it with one eye open. It was from Shreya. Shreya was my college friend. In matter of a year we had come close and by being there for each other we grew even closer. I saw her name and called her back from landline.

"Hello. Aunty is Shreya home? She called from her cell. I was worried." I said. It was her mom. Her mom and my mom were friends from yoga class and we grew even closer by that.

"Ya, our desktop in not working well. So she went to the cyber. You checked your result?" she asked. On the very pronunciation of the word 'result' I freaked out.

"No aunty. I'll check it now, right away" And I hung. I ran as fast as I could into the kitchen to tell mom. She was reading the newspaper.

"Mom, results are out" I said with a fallen face almost about to cry.

"Have you failed? Tell me?" she said feeling worried about it.

"No Ma. How can I fail? I am just worried." I said and ran to Sid's room. To my rescue, his laptop was home that day. I switched it on and directly to the result site.

For next 3 hours I only wanted my result and nothing else. All those efforts that I had put in were replaying into my head as though it were a movie. Those times when in spite of being sick, feverish I studied late in the night, just to fall sick the next day.

Finally, the time arrived. The site loaded and my heartbeat started increasing rapidly. I typed in my university number and pressed enter.  A blue colour site with university name on it appeared. It was yet to load. I was sitting on chair with my legs up and my face buried into my palm when mom arrived and sat beside me.

She caressed my head and started giving me courage. I looked at her as I saw my name load on the site. There was message that appeared on the top of my name saying 'Congratulations!!' on the site. Mom was relieved of the burden of me failing. I couldn't see my marks, so I asked mom to note them down. While noting them down,  she kept saying them allowed.

"English= 83, Hindi= 87, Economics= 76, Accounting= 81, Statistics= 67, Business studies= 87" she said. "And you're percentage is 80.001 %" she said.

I looked above to her with total disappointment and tears in my eyes as she stood there with her hands on her hip. "Baby, why are you crying? 80 Is not bad" she said and hugged me. "Come eat something now, it's been 5 hours you woke up and haven't even brushed your teeth" and she gave me a dirty look.

In matter of moments I started feeling nausea of my empty stomach and I ran to the basin and threw up. Mom helped me till bed and made me sleep for a while.

After sometime when I woke up I had this bad face that you only get when you are depressed .I was terribly missing Mohit at that very moment. I just wanted to hug him so hard and all my problems would go away. All I thought of was Mohit and there I was standing under shower, water dripping from underneath my body. All that came to my mind was my results and lost grades and I cried. I cried so hard so as to get rid of all the frustration. In matter of moments I was on bed with lost senses and crying face.

Sid had just returned from college and saw me lying on bed with red nose. "What went wrong?" He asked. I looked at him and again started crying like a kid. He came to me and hugged me.

"Results, is it? That is fine Rad's, come on relax. I am sure you gave your best. What is the percentage?" He asked.

"80%" I said with heavy heart and almost to more cry kind of a face.

"Oh! That's good" He said as he saw me crying even more. "Oh, ho ho . Look at you" he said and went into the kitchen.

That night was the worst night of my entire career life. I've never ever experienced such a pain in my body all my life. Mohit was busy in his work as he had his cousin's marriage coming that weekend. All night almost went in thinking that I could've studied a little more back then. But, that is that and everything was done now. In matter of moments I was taken over by sleep, the pain was still there but I dozed off.

******************************************************************************************

Thank you evryone for sticking around. and chisvi for voting :D and reading and supporting. It means a lot. <3

Copyright © 2014 · All Rights Reserved