Episode 14 - The Pink Dress

Episode 14: (Edited)

The next morning I looked in the mirror once again after brushing my teeth. The dark circles had almost vanished. It was 10 in the morning and the day felt very slow. I was nervous but excited. From the closet, I had taken out almost all the pink colour clothes I owned. I found this soft pink coloured kurta that was wedding material. I decided to wear that.

Soon, I started searching the grey colour legging required. I was fully bent to find the legging from a drawer below my closet and at that very moment my phone buzzed, it was Mohit. I disconnected it. He then called from Nisha's phone but I disconnected that as well. He again tried again from his phone. I felt bad and with utter efforts with bent back, received it.

"What is wrong with you? Why aren't you picking up my phone?" he spoke in a serious tone almost ready to fight.

"Sorry. I am in a very awkward position right now. I had bent forward to take my legging out, it was stuck" I said. I hardly finish speaking anything and he started laughing so hard that he couldn't even breathe.

"Should I know why you're laughing?" I asked in a sceptic tone. I had no clue what that meant to him.

"To take your legging off you need to bend?  And forward that too?" he said and started laughing again.

"Shut up, Mohit. I meant to take out the legging from the closet. When will you let me speak?" I said with frustration.

"Okay sorry. I am very sorry." He said still laughing while I was quite. I literally didn't find anything funny in it but embarrassed.

"You know it took me 3 hours to search me the perfect fit and perfect match? And you are laughing?"  I said with rage.

"Sorry babe. I am extremely sorry." He said and continued "So what time should I exactly send Nisha to pick you up?" He asked.

"I'll leave you a text or give her a call" I said still mad at him about the behaviour.

"Wait first, talk to her" he said. From the opposite side I could hear noises, songs been put on to their max limits of sound. People dancing and whistling and stuff like that and they went on increasing as he went closer and closer to them. I could also hear Mohit calling out for Nisha.

"Nish, Where are you?  Come out of that room of yours, right now. There is an important work I am allotting you" he said. I could hear the door knob open and a different voice.

"What is it, Bhai?" that was Nisha. "I want you to go and get Rad's from her place. I want her to meet mumma, papa." He said. "But, Bhai? Now? I mean do you think mumma will be ok with it? And she's probably going to think something else." She said covering the receiver area with her palm. "I want her to, now talk to her and tell her" he placed the phone in Nisha's hand.

"Hey  Nisha." I said.

"Hey  Rad's. I know everything about you two, but mumma doesn't, so Bhai wants to tell her n papa everything. What time should I come to pick you up?" she said in a breath.

"Uh. I don't know. What time you'd be free from work, at 4 in the evening?" I asked.

"Ya, I am absolutely free, because I don't have any work. Bhai has not allowed me to touch anything." She said, bored.

"Ok then. 4 o'clock. I'll be ready. Can I talk to Mohit for a moment?" I said and I could again hear 'Bhai, she wants to talk to you'. "Yes babe, tell me."  He said.

"Are you sure pink will be fine, because I hardly wear anything pink" I said out of concern.

"Stop worrying so much. You are going to look fab, trust me" he said and continued "You are a girl, learn to wear pink stuff for functions, eyes will then catch you easily." He said. I blushed a bit.

"Okay, I'll get ready and leave you a text, send Nisha then." I said and soon we hung.

Evening, I got ready and Nisha arrived in minutes. As usual she was wearing shorts. Mom came out to meet Nisha and soon we left. We reached safely to their place since her riding was nonetheless equalled to a 'road rash' game. The placed looked the same when I had first come here with Sid and his friends, but the resto had closed down. Nisha held my hand and took me inside with full pride, since I was the only work Mohit had allotted to her.

As I was walking behind her, everyone was just staring at me as if either I was getting married or there was some big bug on my face. She brought me to his room, the door was open. "Bhai???" she said and went off. I saw her moving away as I walked in with thoughts in my mind and an innocent face. I had always found this house fascinating, I didn't know why and I hadn't found the answer to it, yet or will I? 

Copyright © 2014 · All Rights Reserved