Red.

***

Chapter Three/ Red.

"Across a room

tangled up in her imagination

they had spent a lifetime together

by the time he said hello"--- Atticus.

"Because he said he'd show her the world, but then he ended hers

"Because he said he'd show her the world, but then he ended hers." Lazily chewing the minty gum in my mouth, I furrowed my eyebrows in frustration.

"But he didn't mean to, Faith. Sometimes, people's feelings ruin their morals."  Will said waving his hands, trying to prove a point.

"Well I think she deserved better. And he, he deserved better too. He ended his life, and took hers with him. He didn't end it with will though, he ended it because it was the only way. God, the world's such a cruel place sometimes. "

William shook his head and bumped it   against the wall behind him. "This shit is consuming way too much of our time." He laughed causing Faith to crack a smile of her own.

They just finished watching a movie and  thought that they're  responsible of giving it a detailed review. 

William rose  from his position and excused himself, "I should get going. I'll catch up with you tomorrow ." Faith nodded and gave him a hug watching him leave. William has been a true friend to Faith, lately. He has been showing up everyday checking up on her and giving her that bit of motivation and hope she oh so desperately needed.

Faith was getting better, but there was still something missing. That bit of carelessness she once had, and that bit of giddiness, they're still have a hard time showing up, but she'll  keep trying. 

Faith will keep trying. 

Of course, the daily visits to Mr. Drew have not stopped. Usually, she would bring him a little something to cheer him up. Maybe a board game they'd play for hours until he suddenly pinpoints something he remembered about the love of his life, his eyes get welled up by shunned tears, and the game turns serious.

Other times she'd bring a bag of snacks they'll both binge on even though it's probably not good for his health. But Mr. Drew made it very clear that he didn't care. Lately, he has been indifferent about a whole bunch of things. Faith could only hope life wasn't one of them. Because Mrs. Drew wouldn't want that. 

Mrs. Drew would want him to smile when he thinks of her, or re-build that memory lane once in a while with a positive approach. Mrs. Drew wouldn't want him wasting his days crying, she would've wanted him to name a star after her when he's grinning, or draw the stick figure of her body she used to always make fun of, or try to cook what she blessed his stomach with once upon a time.

Mrs. Drew loves Mr. Drew.

Yes, Mrs Drew loves Mr. Drew. A whole lot. 

Faith knocked the door gently and Mr. Drew opened the door for her. She smiled, "Good morning, Mrs. Drew." She was always happy for him. For her? She was not.