Chapter 27 - Gone??

Chapter 27 - Gone??

"You've never changed Pearl. Which was the best gift I favored about you from the very start." 

It repeats in my head, again and again. I try to think of anything else, but his words always return back to mind. 

"You've never changed Pearl."

"-from the very start."

What does he mean by that?  

I pinch the bridge of my nose lightly, sighing for the hundredth time as I continue walking down the streets. Leaving Brett's figure slowly shrink by each step I take. 

And now he tells me? Well, it was better then never.

But still- 

I shake my head, soothing my disheveled hair back to normal, focus my sight straight without looking back, and run. 

Run till you break. 

I run and run as far as I can. From all the blood I've seen, all the shouts I've heard and all the pain I've felt. All the negativity and terrible things from the past.

As I'm running, I can't help but wish that Brett would come after me and tell me that this is all a silly joke for me to laugh at in the end. That this is all a funny story I could tell my kids in the future, that there's no such a thing as friends not telling lies.

I don't know who to trust now.

My heart pumped faster than ever, it was like I haven't ran in ages and now I know my legs are going to ache the first thing in the morning tomorrow when I blink my eyes open. But it still didn't stop me.

As I run from streets to streets, I get looks from people. People that don't know me. People I've never seen before. 

Although everything around me feels like time has stopped I swiftly dodge what gets in my way. It felt like I'm the only one hurrying to go somewhere while everybody are frozen like ice. Waiting to be melted or be shattered with a hammer to be on the same speed as I am.

If I can find a place to sit and procrastinate, I'm certain I'll be fine. 

I continued running for what felt like hours, but only for around ten minutes. Yet, thankfully there was a small park I could stay in for a bit, just to cool off some steam and think.

Or to think about how much you fucked up is more like it. 

Even though, the bench wasn't empty I still sat on it. There was a middle-like aged lady sitting on one end, while I sat on the other. Not that I cared though, who doesn't go on a stroll in the middle of the night?

As my breathing started to become steady, I turned around to steal a quick glimpse at the lady, even though it was a bit rude. She was looking down, her legs crossed and he hands on her thighs. While she stared into space, as if she were trying to calculate something I couldn't see.

She didn't seem that creepy though... except for her platinum blonde hair attracting all the attention.

I turned back and looked down at my shoes, remembering what Brett said. So technically, everything he did was planned out and it was Amber's idea? Why am I not surprised? Brett is an amazing guy, yet why do I feel like running back to him, slap his face then say I forgive him? 

But why did he agree on it though? Why couldn't he deny Amber's request? Why did it have to happen to me? Is everyone like this nowadays? Asking people to do the dirty work for you or else?