Chapter 13 - An Unexpected Guest

"Hey! How dare you eat my fries. Spit it out!"

"Well I got it for you, you know."

"Yeah, but you ate them!" 

"I'll get more fries, chill"

"No, I want the fries that you just swallowed!"

Brooklyn and I rolled our eyes at them, somewhat arguing over fries. Jonah however, was sitting in the corner with his headphones plugged in, his head resting on his arm on the table. 

"Aren't you gonna do something about it?" I lightly tap Jonah's arm.

He blinks an eye open, glaring at me. Then he looks at Caleb and Keith who is sending flames to each other. 

Jonah shrugs.

"Well... I take that as my answer." I mumble to myself.

I didn't notice Brooklyn was gone until she came back to us with a tray in her hand.

"Is that what I think it is?" Caleb says, his eyes widening in delight.

Brooklyn gave him a thin smile, handing the fries to him. Caleb gave her a thankful grin, although his face looked a bit flush from embarrassment. In return Brooklyn rolled her eyes at him, grinning.

"Thanks Brook." Caleb says.

"I think that was the first time you've ever thanked me for something."

"You know I can be a beast when I'm hungry." He smirks, then glares at Keith.

Keith sits there, annoyed at Caleb but then his eyes locked in mine. He looked a bit hesitant as he opens his mouth then slowly closing it back. I decided to make a small talk.

"So Keith, how was your we-" I was cut off by a girly squeal. 

Out of all those crazy hoes in the world. This might be the only one that will mentally make me stab myself.

"Hello my peasants!"

Out of nowhere, Amber comes strolling to our table. She had her hair tied up into a bun, her fancy earring hoops, dangling on her ears. She gives me a smirk then puts her arm around Keith, quickly putting her bum on Keith's lap. I can tell Keith's expression immediately changes into an annoyed scowl, as well as us others on the table. 

Her presence is just a bummer to the mood.

"We had such a great time last night, didn't we babe?" There was a hint of sarcasm in her tone as she gave him this creepy smile.

Keith looked at Amber and then back to me and the others, his nose scrunched in distaste.

"What do you mean? I was with my family last night. I think you have the wrong person, babe." He emphasis the last word, yanking her arm away. 

Ohhhhh... what rejection.

Keith stood up, making Amber wail in anger as she slips onto the floor, her hands in fists as she glares at Keith's back.

We all know where this is going.

~~

I made my way down the hall as everyone rushes out of school to go home. The hall is filled with teenagers, pushing each other to the front door, along with the chatter.

I've got Caleb on my side this time. Brooklyn and Keith had to stay late for some reason. 

Ha, I bet it was an afterschool detention from the French teacher. Poor them.