Chapter 24 - View

Chapter 24 - View

The phone pings from my lap and I pick it up to find Keith's name on the from screen with a text. My worried eyes scan over it again and again, making sure what he sent me was not what I made up in my mind.

My heart skips a beat

Keith - Sorry. Cant make it.. family issues.
                   Got caught up with the police

After reading the last text he sent, I look up the screen under his contact name to find he was last online the moment he sent the text to me. Which happened to be a few hours ago.

How did I just get the text now?

Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, not wanting to talk about it out loud, thinking Brett might get a little tense on the subject about Keith. Knowing they aren't in good terms. I take a quick look to Brett as he is focusing on the road, and switch back to the phone to PM Brooklyn. 

[1:05 pm]

Me - Yo Brook. Look what Keith sent me. {screenshot of conversation with Keith}

Then Brooklyn immediately replies. 

Brooklyn 🤦😏 - Oho ho ho 
                                        Well isn't that just weird. He was quit distant these past weeks tho (°ロ°)

Me - Seriously? That face?
            But what about the police?! 

Brooklyn 🤦😏  -  sRslY tHat fAcE? ¯\(°_o)/¯
                                        Oki Oki but like, u got a point with the police.. but what should we do? 
                                        Wait, I think we should call him later tonight, we will have more time then.

Me - Yea I guess. 
           Thanks 

Brooklyn 🤦😏 - Any time bro

[12:09 pm]

I turn my phone of and place it back in my purse, letting out a small sigh, looking out the window. 

"You tired?" Brett asks softly. 

"Yeah.." I reply, watching the scenery outside zoom past us.

"Have a small rest, Pearl. Caleb and Brooklyn are already knocked out." He chuckles while looking back at them.

I give him a quick glance while raising my eyebrow questioning if he was sure, while he just nods in response. Leading me to fall asleep on the window, as the music that was playing starts to lower down.

After what felt like only 10 seconds, a hand was shook my shoulders indicating me to wake up. I grumble quietly, slowly opening my eyes to find myself in the a large crowded city, where people where almost everywhere you look. Shops in every size possible in every corner. The smell of food from restaurants every where. Lights illuminating every color in all directions, and large billboards with different advertisements for random products.