Mistake Pt 2

“Have you talked to her?” You were having lunch with your mom, and after avoiding the topic for so long she had finally brought it up. “No. She hasn't made the effort to call me or anything, so why should I bother?” you said with a shrug. Well, that wasn't exactly the truth. In the two weeks since you had left she called non-stop for a total of 3 days, leaving countless voice-mails. You hadn't listened to any of them.

“I think should go talk to her. It would be good for both of you” your mom suggested. You sighed and chewed on the inside on your cheek, debating whether or not to tell her what's been on your mind. “I don't know. You didn't see her, mom. It's like she was so furious at me for accusing her of not taking her pills, even though she hadn't been. I'm not sure she's ready to take care of a baby when she can't even take care of herself.”

Your mom nodded in understanding, taking into consideration what you had said. You hoped that she would just drop the subject, but she clearly still had more to say. “Just talk to her, okay?” You really didn't want to, especially if you didn't know what kind of mood she would be in. But since everyone deserves a second chance, you figured you might as well give her one.

A few hours later, you found yourself sitting in your car gathering up the courage to go and knock on the door. Obviously it was your house too and you had a key, but it didn't seem like such a good idea to just barge in unannounced.

When you finally got out of your car, you walked as slow as you could to the door. You rang the door bell once and knocked three times, then stood back and waited. Demi's car was in the driveway, so you knew she was home and there was no excuse for her to not answer.

You were staring at the ground when she opened the door, so you didn't even notice until she spoke up. “Y/N? What are you doing here?” For some reason you had been expecting her to be completely disheveled and in her lazy clothes, so you were pleasantly surprised to see that she looked like she was taking care of herself.

“I just want to talk...is that okay?” She quickly stepped aside to let you in, shutting the door behind you. You had never felt awkward in your own house until now. You made your way to the living room with Demi right behind you. She probably felt uncomfortable as well, because never once had she sat as far away from you on the couch as she was now.

“You've been cleaning a lot” you observed as you looked around the spotless room. Demi bit her lip and looked down at her hands. You wanted so badly to get up and leave, but something held you back. You decided to get straight to the point. But before you could say anything, she started talking first.

“I miss you” she said quietly. You sighed, of course that's what she would say. “What you said really hurt me. Do you really think those things?” One of her hands twitched, wanting to hold yours. “I'd never mean them. I just had a bad day” she explained. There had to be more to it though. “You don't just say things like that randomly. If you meant them then please just tell me. I don't want to be where I'm not wanted.”

You looked at her and waited for her to respond, but she seemed to be staring off into space. You didn't want to keep wasting your time, so you got up and started walking to the door. You didn't make it far, because Demi was hot on your heels. Before you could even comprehend what was happening, she had wrestled you back to the couch and was crashing her lips against yours.

“Demi,” you said between her kisses, “Demi, stop.” She didn't listen and you weren't enjoying it at all, so you firmly placed your hands on her shoulders and shoved her away. “What the fuck was that?” you demanded. She didn't seem very apologetic, even daring to smirk at you.

“When I said I missed you I meant that I missed your body. It's been two weeks and I've been so...lonely.” To say that you were confused was an understatement. Just a few minutes ago she had been saying that she didn't mean what she had said, yet now she's claiming that she only missed your body. Something clicked in your mind, and you got up to go to the kitchen.

You opened a drawer and your suspicions were confirmed: she still wasn't taking her medicine. You had been doing some research and knew that the longer she went without them, the worse her symptoms would get. You walked back to the living room to confront her, and she still had that same arrogant smirk. You wanted to shake her to her senses and make her realize what she was about lose, because you didn't want to be around her whatsoever.

“Stop looking at me like that. You can find someone else to give you what you want, because I'm done. Don't take your pills, see if I care. You're not mature enough to take care of yourself. I hate to think of what you would do if you had to take care of a baby.”

You left her to deal with your words as you went upstairs to pack your things. You haphazardly threw your clothes into one large suitcase, then went into the bathroom to collect all of your things. When you came out, Demi was sitting on the bed. You ignored her and continued packing up all of your belongings.

“Please don't go” she murmured. “Why shouldn't I?” you asked while zipping up the suitcase. “I don't know. Just don't leave me.” Her pleading was so pathetic that you actually started to feel guilty. She was having a rough time and you were basically abandoning her. Just like what she had said to you wasn't fair, leaving her would make you no better than her.

“I won't.” She instantly smiled, but you weren't done. “That doesn't mean we're okay. I'm giving you one last chance to start taking your pills again. Will you?” She was hesitating to answer, but you weren't going to push her. “Only if you don't leave me.” It was a little unfair of her to say that and make it seem like it would be your fault if something happened to her, but you would take what you could get. “I'm not going to. This is your last chance though.” She nodded, and you truly hoped that she would make the effort to get better. She could tell that you were struggling to believe her, so she stood up and walked over to you. She gave you a small smile and placed her hands on your stomach, leaning in to whisper in your ear. “For our baby.” You couldn't help but smile and bring your lips to hers in a soft kiss, because now you really believed her.

Demi Lovato ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara