Not Coming Home Pt 1

Demi slammed the door in your face for the second time since last week, making everyone who was walking in the hallway pretend like they hadn't just seen her ignoring your attempts to apologize. It wasn't even your fault that she had refused to spend any time with you before staring her tour, yet you still felt the need to ask for her forgiveness. Not only that, but you didn't want her to be mad at you while she was away.

The argument happened on the day she had to leave, so there wasn't really any time for you to fix things. You had given her a week to cool off before deciding that you couldn't wait nay longer, getting on the first flight to the city she was in.

You hadn't planned on what you would do if she was still mad, leaving you with no idea what to do now. Her show didn't start for several more hours, and you needed to use that time to your advantage. “I'm really sorry for accusing you of not caring about me” you said loudly, hoping that she could hear you through the door.

“I don't care” she replied harshly. You put down the flowers you had been holding when your hand started to cramp up. You knew Demi was stubborn, but this was pushing it. Normally argument with her only lasted a few hours before she gave in and apologized. The longest had last two days until she broke, incapable of giving you the silent treatment for such a long time. What if she was fed up and didn't want the added pressure of maintaining a relationship while on tour? You needed to find out if that's how she felt, because you didn't want to waste your time on her if she wasn't willing to work things out.

“My flight home leaves in two hours” you informed her. Maybe knowing that she had a limited amount of time to talk to you would make her change her mind. “So leave. I don't have anything to say to you. I have meet and greet in a few minutes and if you could be gone before it starts that would be great.” Her lack of concern broke your heart, but if she wasn't going to put any effort into talking to you then you weren’t going to keep trying. “I'll see you whenever you come home” you mumbled, moving away from her dressing room door. You had taken a few steps when she spoke again, loud enough so everyone else could hear as well. “I don't plan on coming home.”