Chapter 13 - " you're not going out with him Cailin!"

Start from the beginning

Harry eventually looked out the window making me finally be able to breathe again.

Minutes passed and still there was no sign of Zayn nor Louis.

" so how's your dad?" he asked in a quiet tone.

I looked back at him with a shocked expression.

The question shocked me. He was the only one who knew about yet I didn't know he actually cared. He had never asked me about it after that day.

I had promised my dad I would visit him more often and I had kept that promise. Every time we got back in New York, my first stop was his hospital room. I would tell him everything. Including the whole situation with Harry. I never got an answer back from him obviously but just to let it out to someone who wouldn't judge my decisions was the best thing.

The few times I had talked to my mom on the phone, she avoided the subject on my dad. She didn't like talking about it. Maybe she felt guilty about not visiting or moving with other men. Still there was no excuse.

" he's the same" I assured Harry who was still looking at me.

Harry simply nodded. There wasn't much he could say and I knew that. He probably didn't want to say anything stupid so he just shut himself up.

Thankfully Zayn and Louis got into the silent car a minute later.

The ride to the Teen Choice Awards was short but rowdy. Louis and Zayn couldn't keep quiet in their seats, they were hyped. I don't blame them, this was the first time we were going perform at an award show. I would have been just like them if I hadn't been forced those moments with Harry. It had distracted me.

As soon as the car door opened revealing the blue carpet, people that were standing behind the bars screamed. Immediately I smiled and waved. This was one of my favorite things to see. It felt great.

As we made our way down the blue carpet, we did interviews that mainly asked about our new album and touring coming up.

As we finished one of the interviews I looked over and caught Carter smiling at me. I waved hello to him smiling back and immediately he started walking towards me.

" hey beautiful" he smiled.

I don't know what it was about him but every time he gave me a compliment I got flushed, including right now.

As soon as he saw the blush on my face he pulled me in for a hug. Which caused everyone's attention to turn towards us.

Ever since the picture of Carter and I hanging out together at the Miami festival had gotten out, people had been saying that we were dating or hooking up. In my head, I didn't mind. Mostly because I maybe wanted that to happen.

In Carter's embrace, his cologne filled my nostrils and caused me to blush even more. He smelled amazing. I could have stayed there hugging him for hours like a creep if it was okay.But of course all good things must come to an end.

Carter pulled away but kept his hand on my back. He turned us towards the cameras so they could take our pictures together. I didn't bother me as much as it should have. Maybe I was finally getting used to being in the lime light.

*

Opening the Teen Choice Awards with our performance was probably the most nerve wracking thing in the world. Luckily I wasn't the only one who was nervous, Zayn was a mess too.

Louis ended up calming Zayn down. But for me I knew there was only one thing that could calm me down right now. As the boys went to go to go do some solo interviews, I dug through the Harry's bag and pulled out his cellphone and ear buds.